Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Showed up late...about 8:30...just followed the traffic :D to find the place. 5 shorts so far...buckshot spoon and jigging rap....

Joe

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
You're having a better day than me being stuck at work.....

I go the opposite way of the traffic!!! I have never once done good in any area surrounded by other people.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couple more shorts...threw the kitchen sink down the hole. ..seemed to like parrot jig head and a white-chartreuse. .bleeding nose number 7 rap with a minnow head....going to go buy some fish for lunch

Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
What depth were u guys at ? I'm currently fishing 13 ft and have picked up one short. I'm staying till dark and am wondering if I should move to deeper water or stay here till dark. New to fishing the river and would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
806 Posts
I had 3 of my group sit in the same holes where fish were caught yesterday for 3 hours and me and my other buddy moved in and out from the channel to up close... one short between all 5 of us from 7ish till 10:30.. Was really hopin to get the fiancé hooked on fishing but that surely didn't happen this morning

·
Registered
212 Posts
What depth were u guys at ? I'm currently fishing 13 ft and have picked up one short. I'm staying till dark and am wondering if I should move to deeper water or stay here till dark. New to fishing the river and would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Middle of the channel we are marking all kinds of fish. Couple keepers, lots of shorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
203 Posts
Did good there last night on blue and silver rap and clown do jigger once current came down. Dead stick by far out produced

·
Registered
3 Posts
Started to pick up some shorts consistently and just completely shut off. Seems like the current picked up a bit also. Thinking it should pick back up closer to dark.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm at the mouth and nothing yet. Just made a move to get out of the pack. Seems like the current just picked up here too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Two of us fished sunup till sundown Thurs about 100 yrds from the ship in 30 ft of water. landed about 25 fish with the last being a legal fish. It was released. It seemed everyone was having about the same luck.
It has been 3 years since I fished the S.R. and had the same results then.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts