Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday we were cutting firewood close to the creek. Lo and behold, a fresh buck rub showed up that wasn't there the day before. So we know at least one made it through so far. Probably that little spike that kept coming in all of October and November. Last time I saw him was the last evening of rifle season. But I'm hoping one of those 8's made it through. Took the trail cam down and probably won't put it back out until next summer.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Put a trail cam out. Even the $79 cheapie will show you if there is a buck. I have caught three eight points still out in my site up to the end of muzzleloader including a monster. All after dark. Use some good bait like apples. The one image I got on my trail cam shows the monster eight with an apple in its mouth.

Im hoping he will be a big 12 next year. I hunted him hard but he eluded me. Next Year!!

Edit>sorry I missed the line where you took your cam down. The peepers are tired tonight.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the posts guys.

Dudek: Things have been hectic. Should have been cutting firewood all December but lots of family problems have taken too much time. Still getting some cut. Heading out in about 30 minutes to do more if it does't rain. Hope you've had a good December.

BGB: My peepers are also tired and it's still morning!

Huntman: When I have an 8 pointer in front of me, I rarely have a camera in my hand! Most normally, I'll have a bow or rifle. ;)

Take it easy on New Year's Eve guys, but have some fun too.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I too found a couple of fresh rubs yesterday while scouting. Very few deer being sighted though. There has been a ton of pressure in this area, so I suspect the activity is mostly nocturnal. I will be out there until the bitter end though ;)

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts