Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been since the late 80's since I have fished fremont lake. I see that they continue to stock it with walleye. Can anyone tell me how the bluegill fishing is?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok let me ask in another way....

Will some one give me their GPS Coord. so I can clean up on the gills on Fremont Lake....

All I want to know is it what it use to be. I heard the lake was going back to the way it was before they killed it off and restocked it.. Is it worth the trip up for Gills?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I heard that after the weed kill off they restocked with hybrid gills from sand lake because there was an excess there. I have not really fished for gills but have not caught them even by mistake. I only remember the mention of one or two being caught in the past two years. I would say there are probably some in there but if I was going to make a trip up from GR for gills I would probably stop off at Half Moon Lake or something and save 20 miles.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I agree. When I'm floating around the weed edges, I just do not see many gills. Plenty of small perch and bass, but for whatever reason there does not seam to be many gills.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I used to go up there in the late 80's and we had no problem catching our limit, crickets in the summer and corn boar (sp?) in the winter just west of the launch on the south side of the lake. It seemed the lake went in cycles. First the rainbows and browns were the big catch then that died down and the gills were the thing. Then it was the walleyes. I am just getting back into Ice fishing and fishing in general. I have not heard much about the lake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts