Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna party with you dude! Upper crust! LOL!!!
Let me know when! :) Thanks!!

Dutchy!!You need to c'mon out to Fremont & fish with us...you sound just like "our type"
I think I can "lower" myself. :dizzy: Again, let me know when. Thanks!!

Oh, to keep this legit, Has anyone checked the ice conditions on FREMONT LAKE? There was a brave soul on the cove at Brooks this AM. And I heard a few were catching some specs out of Blanch lake in Grant. I am going to hit the river in my sled tomorrow for some Browns and Rainbow. Saturday, I will feel like the ice in the area of FREMONT LAKE will be safe enough.

Good Luck everyone. :grouphug:

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
LOL!! You crack me up!

The walleye slayer SFW and I are more than likely doing the whitefish thing from the wall or pier in Muskegon Friday afternoon/evening. So we won't be at Fremont Lake this weekend. As soon as it ices over though SFW says he's gonna make an ice fisherman out of me... yeah right... I'll be bringing my snowmobile instead of a rod and reel! LOL!!

Robert, I tried to have you paged.... pick it up! Gimme a call on the cell whenever.

By the way, there are several of these left in Fremont Lake:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Dutchman I was at the lake yesterday and there is no ice to speak of. A little trace of ice along the east shore but 95% of the lake is still open. Due to the depths of the water that lake is the last one in the area that get's safe ice. I would assume that it will be close to x'mas before theres safe ice....

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
you allowed to shoot ducks on fremont....?:D

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,425 Posts
You won't put your sled on FREMONT with 3" of ice , willya??
It's gunna glaze over quick Dan...Half-Moon had an ENTIRE skin last nite on the way by...
Mike - I got jammed into a few meetings today - gimme a call if ya read this anytime soon -- I gotta run to the bank & then home , near FREMONT.
:lol:

Robert

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sfw1960 said:
You won't put your sled on FREMONT with 3" of ice , willya??
OOPS! Let me clarify that. I will put My JET sled on the river. :cwm27:

you allowed to shoot ducks on fremont....?
We'll talk. ;)

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I figured someone would start another Fremont Lake Thread. :) It was inevitable.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Since I live in the Southeast corner of the state and have a cabin on the White between Fremont and Hesperia I am always following any thread that hits on that area.

How many other people drive all the way across the state to fish Fremont Lake for Carpazoids. All them Carpazoids that I take out just make it a better lake for the people who want to go after Walleye, right. So, keep the threads going.

If I get bored with the tread I do not have to click on it, my choice.

BTW, Carpazoid go dormant in the winter and are very inactive feeders. Going to have to wait until the water warms up and they decide to do the nasty dance in the shallows. Then they go on their feeding binge and I want to be there for the Carpazoid bow shooting and the rod and reel catching.

Maybe I will make it up there one or two times over the winter to help rid the lake of some panfish and some of the snakes, er, Pike.

·
Super Moderator
16,425 Posts
AleX ,
Bow-HaRp00ning some FrEEk KaRp sounds waay fun! Remind me in the spring.
;)

@ thedude: DUCKS~
I've heard gunshots- (been told they are @ small , nearby ponds) - but I'm not sure if you can blast 'em on the lake , might look up the chamber of commerce for that - unless somebody HERE knows for sure.
:cool:
I'm sorry Dutch ~ I should have clarified MYSELF , I meant WF won't be racing across Fremont with his (snowmobile) Sled on 3" of ice!
The funny thing is: when you made reference to your "sled" , I knew you meant "Jet Sled" , I have a DeepV Starcraft SF16 and with a 20" longshaft there isn't a snowball's chance in hades I'll drop that into the river (except the backwaters - Croton/Hardy)!
The muskegon EATS lower units for breakfast!
;)
Thanks for stoppin' in Severus! I didn't start it , and I don't want to finish it.
:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Lake was iced over Thursday after a calm frigid night. I could not tell for sure when I drove by 7am thursday but I had to run an errand around noon Thursday and ice from shore to shore. About a thousand ducks and geese in a 1/2 acre on the north shore helped confirm this.
Not sure if it will hold with 20-30 SW winds next day or two.
Long term forecast calls for cold temperatures moving back in for the rest of the December.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
:yeahthat:
alex-v said:
Since I live in the Southeast corner of the state and have a cabin on the White between Fremont and Hesperia I am always following any thread that hits on that area.

How many other people drive all the way across the state to fish Fremont Lake for Carpazoids. All them Carpazoids that I take out just make it a better lake for the people who want to go after Walleye, right. So, keep the threads going.

If I get bored with the tread I do not have to click on it, my choice.

BTW, Carpazoid go dormant in the winter and are very inactive feeders. Going to have to wait until the water warms up and they decide to do the nasty dance in the shallows. Then they go on their feeding binge and I want to be there for the Carpazoid bow shooting and the rod and reel catching.

Maybe I will make it up there one or two times over the winter to help rid the lake of some panfish and some of the snakes, er, Pike.
:yeahthat: :cool:

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
Let's get an ice outing going on Fremont once she's iced up good. I'd bet we can get her looking like this before we're done.;)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Went down to the lake at lunch today. Only about 80-90% iced over the whole south-west end was still open water and the ice wasnt lookin' real good. Definitely too much ice to hunt, and not enough to fish. Might have to check out Blanch Lake this evening since it is 10 minutes from my house.

p.s. didnt see nearly as many geese today as I have been seeing the last couple weeks.

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Just heard the city council passed a new ordinance banning all ice fishing, snowmobile and quads on the lake this winter.

So everyone just stay off and wait for spring and their won't be a problem.....:lol:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Fremont Lake is not a great ice fishing lake. It may have a good week or two here or there but in general... most fisherman I surveyed seem lucky to catch 1 wally or 1 pike and a few dink perch every two or three days spent fishing.

·
Super Moderator
16,425 Posts
Westlakedrive said:
... most fisherman I surveyed seem lucky .....
What about the guys that put in their 'time' @ Fremont Wes?
:lol:

1 - 20 of 184 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.