Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Unfortunately, my ice fishing days are over. :( I've got a little bit of stuff left that was my grandfather's. It's stuff that I used to use when he and my dad took me out when I was a kid. There are a couple pieces that I'm going to save just to have a piece of gramps left. But I'd like to see some of this stuff get used again. There are five rods and two tip ups, three seats, two ice scoops, and two "hot seats". If you want it, pick it up in Rochester and it's yours!

You've all been VERY generous in donating to the fund raiser for my trip to Minneapolis in March. This is at least a little something I can do to say thank you again.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Cool. That would be cool using his great grandfathers stuff! Hopefully one day you'll need stuff again.

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Cool. That would be cool using his great grandfathers stuff! Hopefully one day you'll need stuff again.

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
that's great that it went to family.
my dad's been gone since '81, & i still carry at 1 or 2 of his old rods with me every time I go out. I don't use them much, but it's easier for me to switch to one of his rods with dif jig then retie.
Or if it's too windy for a spring bobber, I'll break out one of Dad's with a float on it.
I also use his old spud & old 5" spoon auger on thin ice .
they may be old, but they all still work

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, I've got my grandfather's "Ice Box". It's very cool and I'm going to keep that. Also a pretty cool little jigging rod. It's got a simple spool type reel on a wooden handle with a short plastic rod. There's also a plastic "trigger" that you squeeze and the rod bounces up and down.

Memories!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts