Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every Saturday this month Flymart is having guides come in and discuss their areas of expertice in both tying and fishing.

This Saturday Feb. 7th guides from the troutsman in Traverse City are going to do a presentation on streamer fishing and then demonstrate how to tie some of their favorite patterns.

Later in the month Ray Schmidt will be putting on a presentation, don't miss this one! I sat in front of ray for an hour in Mason and learned three patterns that I have been tying ever since.

All of these are FREE of charge, The Feb. 7th presentation starts at 10:30. If you would like to attend and need directions feel free to P.M. me.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Todays presentation was cool. I learned how to tie the circus peanut, I can't wait to try this one out! Also learned how to tie great looking baitfish imitations using synthetic hair and soft-tex.

Next week Ray Schmidt is doing the presentation. I saw him in Mason this year he really puts on a great tying demonstration, don't miss it!

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
Do you know what time Ray is going to be there? Maybe I can get someone to cover me at work for an hour or two.

The troutsman boys seem to have gone strictly streamers but it works for them. I've heard of others say the circus peanut has worked well for them. You should do well with it. If you want something similar ask Ray to show you the Michigan Skunk and Michigan Dry Skunk. Simple to tie and just as effective.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey gunrod I believe he's starting at 10:30 on Feb. 14th , I'll double check my info and get back to ya. Yeah Ray knows a little bit about streamers also I really like his Madonna's . I have fished the skunk with good results, I only know one variation I'll have to check out the other. cya, Eric

·
Registered
205 Posts
Man I wish I could have been their I didn,t get back from lasr repair till 3:00

I know I told you I'd call sorry I was tired cold wet and hungry Gosh that kinda sounds like a bad day at work or a good day fishing

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
My best streamer has probably been the Madonna in white too.

He does a streamer skunk that I've been told was there best streamer last year. The dry skunk is just smaller with deer hair and sili legs. I've tied some but was doing so well with wet flies I never really fished it.

Thanks.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts