Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be up around the area this weekend to close down the family cottage for the winter. I'm gonna hit it with shrimp and skein under floats.
Anyone give it a try this is about when I caught some last year

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hopefully the water clears up soon.....looking pretty muddy from the recent big blows.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Fished north beach went 4-6. Pink bags frozen king skein. Kept a nice hen clipped adipose. Ran couple steelhead eggs one rod bender never hooked up. Weighed a 18.5 pound buck mint silver biggest Ive seen group of guys by me got it. Next few days new moon might be best of season if lake sets up again
Wow, that’s a big steelhead. Must have been awesome to see. I’ve heard of some big ones. Biggest I’ve ever seen is a 14 lbs steelhead I landed on the pier several years ago. I’ve seen plenty of 10 and 12 lbs steelhead in recent years, but never been lucky enough to see anything that big. Did you get a picture?

Reactions: SJC

·
Registered
17,419 Posts
Buddy got a 16.98# back when master angler was 17#. Then, the guy with him made the decision not to mount it for him by pulling it out if the cooler first and cutting it up.

Next weekend he got a 19#.

Hasn't gotten one close since and that was at least a decade ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts