Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud new owner of a $400.00 Foxpro game caller with 16 different sounds. I set it out in the cutting on my property and let her rip for about 20 minutes, I was well hidden and kept still. The blood curdling sound of the rabbit in distress call sent chills up my spine 125 yards away, no yotes responded. I seem to have a good population of yotes in the area as I have heard them yelp many times before. Are there any good tapes, books, links or advice anyone can give on using this device, or on coyote hunting in general. Can you hunt them any time of day or is just before dark the only time to hunt them.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Congratulations on the fox pro purchase, I'm sure you will enjoy it. The first thing that comes to mind is most people start off calling way to loud. Start calling soft, if you think they cant here it then thats good. Call for 30 seconds and keep still for 5 minutes. Repeat the sequence a little louder and so on. I would say after 30 to 40 minutes your done. You will either see one or you wont have a responce. It does not hurt to change sound after 10 or 15 minutes of repaeting the sequences. You may set up 5, 10, 20 times or more before you have success at calling, but then you might call one in and shoot it the first time or two out, thats just the way it is when calling. I find that if you call one in and miss or just plain old blow it because of movement or what ever, your odds of calling that dog in again are slim. They get call wise real fast. Keep the wind in your favor, use good camo (gun, face, everything) If you blow it and one sees you sometimes you can bark like a yote and stop him long enough to shoot him. I do this with a cheap turkey call diaphram that I can make sounds with like a yote barking. Get a few tapes and you will learn from them, but remember it aint nothin like what you will see on those tapes cause those are made out west and they have many times over the yote population that we have and that means less food because of the competition. Those tapes you watch seems as though the yotes are in a race to get to the food:lol: Good luck calling and keep us posted

·
Registered
912 Posts
I just got the Fox Pro FX3 caller and love it also... I have been at predator hunting for 4 years now and put alot of time in (usually 2-6 days a week from dec-march.) I still have yet to kill one, I think my average for calling them in is like 1 predator to every 20 sets or so, and theres a good population of them around. The cheapest and easiest way to learn is by logging in to some forums just like this one. I think the one at www.gofoxpro.com has helped me the most but keep in mind that alot of these guys are from texas therefore making it sound easy. good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts