Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Received a sled from a family member that still runs well. Rear end is sagging a lot and I am going to replace the springs. Wondering who around the ann arbor/ flint are services fox shocks or if there is anybody online you would recommend to ship them out to. I believe both rear shocks are fox and the front two on the skis are for sure. Sled is a 1996 polaris indy ultra sp. Got the sled for free so i dont mind spending some cash to rebuild the suspension the right way. Motor is still real strong and i have ridden this sled many times in previous years. Never owned a sled and had to have the maintenance done so just looking for some tips on who to use. I dont think any suspension work has ever been done on the sled since my uncle has owned it and he was second owner. Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There is a dude in Hudsonville MI that does them for like $25-35 a shock and does a really nice job, he is an engineer and has a full rebuilding room in his basement. Done several of my sleds and bikes. You can find some of his Ads on the Grand Rapids Craigslist.

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
There is a dude in Hudsonville MI that does them for like $25-35 a shock and does a really nice job, he is an engineer and has a full rebuilding room in his basement. Done several of my sleds and bikes. You can find some of his Ads on the Grand Rapids Craigslist.
He does all of mine including building a set for one of my sleds that had non rebuilable shocks at a fraction of the cost of new

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well per your recommendations I sent the front two shocks to him and got them back today. All looks good. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Well per your recommendations I sent the front two shocks to him and got them back today. All looks good. Thanks for the advice.
Was his name Matt? I have dropped a number off to him for rebuild and he always had them done in a day or two even during the busy season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts