Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A week or so ago I joined this forum. I really enjoy the forum but couldn't post the topic I wanted to until I was able to post links.

Well I think I can now so here it goes. We've had some does feeding on this small garden I let my kids plant. Once they ate the garden my wife started feeding the deer some veggies like corn cob's and other vegetable table scraps. It's funny all the things deer will eat.

Well one evening my wife put some grapefruit out to see if the deer would eat them :lol:. I told her no way, she didn't cut them open or anything. But she set the 3 grapefruit out there anyway.

5 minutes later this fox walked out of the woods straight to grapefruit, picked one up with his mouth and took off back to the woods.

It wasn't another 5 minutes before he did the same thing with a second grapefruit.

By the time he came back for the 3rd grapefruit we thought about getting the camera out. He didn't take off with the fruit that time but played with it a little.

Here are the links to the pictures in my gallery:

Fox Pic 1

Fox Pic 2

Fox Pic 3

Fox Pic 4

Crazy, I didn't know fox ate fruit, especially citrus fruit. Are they slightly omnivorous? Or could it be that this fox has rabies or something? I'm thinking they must be slightly omnivorous. I know some dogs eat fruit and vegetables when given the opportunity. I guess I never gave much thought as to what fox eat. :confused:

Peace,

Herman

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Looks like a pup to me from your pictures. Fox like any kind of fruit to eat. They eat wild grapes and apples all the time. I always wondered when I'm trapping in a orchard if they eat more mice or apples while hunting in there. Fruit concentrates work well at certain times of the year for trapping fox or coyotes. I've watched coyotes eating melons when they get ripe.

Griff

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I've had fox denning on my property for 5 or 6 years now and see them daily.You'd be surprized at what they'll eat.They'll eat anything a dog will eat and more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts