Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has ever caught any walleye out of here? Seems to be plenty of perch and pike. I would go over to Munoscong for eyes, but I usually only get a few hours to fish after work so it would be dark by the time I get out there. Fowlers is close to home, Plus my hard shack is out there. Thanks everyone! :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
I've heard of a few, but not many. I've fished there a lot and never caught one, but you never know. A few years back a buddy of mine caught a Rainbow out there, so anything is possible.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
From where does one access Fowlers bay? Do you have to come in from the north? One of these years I'd like to give it a try up there when the perch are in thick.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You come in from the north side, by Kemps point. There's an area plowed out where everyone parks, from there you go down a trail through the woods that leads out to the bay.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
That bay is the most hit and miss spot I've ever fished. I've had 3 good days there in 10 years of fishing. Speared a musky with my dad in 06, caught 63 jumbos with my grandpa back in 10, and caught 23 perch there one morning last March. Spent alot of money driving there and back for days of 0 fish. Put 2 quads and a Rhino through the ice. Caught 2 legal pike and speared 1 legal pike there since I started fishing there in 2005. Lost 2 shacks to the storms as well. That's just my personal experience. Have friends that do decent there in late ice on perch. They catch the occasional walleye. My girlfriends dad has had his shack there 20+ years, he said this is the worst year he's ever had. They haven't seen a pike yet and theyve been out 2 weeks. This year on munuscong in the mud, I've caught more walleye and perch than I have in the past 10 years I've icefished. I taken my last trip to Fowlers Bay. The mud is where it's at.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This year on munuscong in the mud, I've caught more walleye and perch than I have in the past 10 years I've icefished. I taken my last trip to Fowlers Bay. The mud is where it's at.
This year is quite the unique year, the size seems to be pretty consistent with the perch compared to past years as well

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
This year is quite the unique year, the size seems to be pretty consistent with the perch compared to past years as well
It definately is. Not only consistent size, but their fat. All the walleyes I've caught thus far, keeper or TB has been a healthy, fat fish. Only thing I can think is the double mayfly hatch allowed them to gorge all summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts