Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I went out of the Jefferson and Crocker DNR launch today at approx. 5:00 PM. We got about about 300 yrds out of the launch and I fished a nice life jacket out of the water, looks almost new, describe it in a pm and it will be returned to you.(posting this in the lost and found also)

We had a great time on the water as well tonight too. My 7 year old son reeled in 6 walleyes(22.5, 19,19,18,16 & 16) a few perch, a really nice 19" smallie and 2 pike that really provided some fun for him. They were his first ever and what a way to start off catching a pike than reeling in a 38" snake! The other was a dink according to him, 29.5"!

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Cpt.Chaos said:
We had a great time on the water as well tonight too. My 7 year old son reeled in 6 walleyes(22.5, 19,19,18,16 & 16) a few perch, a really nice 19" smallie and 2 pike that really provided some fun for him. They were his first ever and what a way to start off catching a pike than reeling in a 38" snake! The other was a dink according to him, 29.5"!
Nice job for you and your son!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Isn't it just the best experience in the world to get to watch your son real in that first big fish. Mine are teenagers now but I still remember that look in their eyes when they grabbed that rod and it pulled back. ;)

Keep taking him out!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
nice job on the fish !Glad to hear youre son enjoyed himself.Id like to have seen either one of those pike come swiming through the spearing hole!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts