·
Administrator
17,413 Posts
Nice! How deep?
<----<<<

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
phanominal job on the walleyefever captain! awsome snacks and hopefully de ole curse of Bobby Lang has been lifted dare;)
Curse or no curse, KC is a much better team then the lions and this week half the opposing team isn't hurt. But as they say, games aren't played on paper, still think they will get their azzez handed to them.

·
Registered
633 Posts
What does Michigan have in common? The professional sports teams and Perch fishing Suck! Unfortunately I watched Bobby Lane,the last time the Lions were any good.....

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Speaking of Bobby Layne. My son and I are big MLF fans. We were watching the Lions game together on Sunday and they were talking about who would be the Lions "All-time" best QB for the Half-time deal, Stafford or Bobby Layne. My Son turns to me and asks "Bobby Lane used to play QB for the lions? I thought he was always just a pro Bass fisherman." I laughed. He is 19, so he never heard of the "other" Bobby La(y)ne".

·
Registered
8,495 Posts
Speaking of Bobby Layne. My son and I are big MLF fans. We were watching the Lions game together on Sunday and they were talking about who would be the Lions "All-time" best QB for the Half-time deal, Stafford or Bobby Layne. My Son turns to me and asks "Bobby Lane used to play QB for the lions? I thought he was always just a pro Bass fisherman." I laughed. He is 19, so he never heard of the "other" Bobby La(y)ne".
Just imagine the kids a few years from now finding out that once upon a time, all the top bass pros used to actually fish BASS events before the MLF tour turned it into the minor leagues.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
No kidding. The MLF format is light-years better than anything else around. Especially for the viewers. Several of the sudden-death rounds were so tight that guys were within a pound of "going out" for a long time, only to have guys from the bottom get hot and knock them out before they could get one more fish. In one case, the guy had the fish on and lost it at the boat, just before another guy landed one to knock him out. Those events are crazy exciting to watch. I can't even imagine the pressure and adrenaline-rush fishing in them. Plus, the way the do it with the various rounds, they get many weeks worth of TV shows from a single event. In traditional formats, each week's show is a summary of the whole tournament in a 30 or 60 minute show.

From a learning perspective, it is awesome to see how those guys will break-down the lake in the ride-around and tell you what they are thinking while they are doing it. In "normal" events, they are so dialed in by the time the event starts, that they just start fishing and don't tell the viewers anything. Heck in most TV events, you see a couple minutes of actual fishing, a few fish landed and they go the weigh-in. That along with a ton of commercials. Not much to learn from that and super boring to watch. MLF is without a doubt the future of professional bass fishing. Other tours will have to adapt or die-off.

·
Registered
8,495 Posts
No kidding. The MLF format is light-years better than anything else around. Especially for the viewers. Several of the sudden-death rounds were so tight that guys were within a pound of "going out" for a long time, only to have guys from the bottom get hot and knock them out before they could get one more fish. In one case, the guy had the fish on and lost it at the boat, just before another guy landed one to knock him out. Those events are crazy exciting to watch. I can't even imagine the pressure and adrenaline-rush fishing in them. Plus, the way the do it with the various rounds, they get many weeks worth of TV shows from a single event. In traditional formats, each week's show is a summary of the whole tournament in a 30 or 60 minute show.

From a learning perspective, it is awesome to see how those guys will break-down the lake in the ride-around and tell you what they are thinking while they are doing it. In "normal" events, they are so dialed in by the time the event starts, that they just start fishing and don't tell the viewers anything. Heck in most TV events, you see a couple minutes of actual fishing, a few fish landed and they go the weigh-in. That along with a ton of commercials. Not much to learn from that and super boring to watch. MLF is without a doubt the future of professional bass fishing. Other tours will have to adapt or die-off.
I agree with all of that, except MLF stopped being the future of competitive fishing as soon as the Classic was over this year. It is the present now. Everything else is the past.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts