Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out this past Monday morning to set up my trail camera. There was a place 160 yards off of the road that I had walked through the previous evening with my son. It looked promising for holding some deer. There were lots of trails, rubs and even a couple of scrapes. At 6:00 a.m. in the dark, I walked in to the woods using my cell phone as my flashlight. I was walking into the wind and, as I was approaching my destination there was a loud noise of a substantial sized animal suddenly bolting a short distance then stopping. I turned my phone light and less than 12 feet away I found this bed. I took two pictures and didn't want to scare what I thought was a bedded buck any more so I turned back towards the road. I hung my camera on the nearest tree and left. This morning I went back to deer hunt. When I was done I climbed down to grab my camera and to check out the bed in daylight. I took another picture and looked closely and ended up finding bear fur in it. So, it turns out that this past Monday I walked right up on a bedded bear! What a cool experience. This is an awesome looking bed too.....
Brown Wood Twig Snow Trunk
Plant Branch Twig Wood Organism
People in nature Glove Grass Military camouflage Twig

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Premium Member
10,953 Posts
I went out this past Monday morning to set up my trail camera. There was a place 160 yards off of the road that I had walked through the previous evening with my son. It looked promising for holding some deer. There were lots of trails, rubs and even a couple of scrapes. At 6:00 a.m. in the dark, I walked in to the woods using my cell phone as my flashlight. I was walking into the wind and, as I was approaching my destination there was a loud noise of a substantial sized animal suddenly bolting a short distance then stopping. I turned my phone light and less than 12 feet away I found this bed. I took two pictures and didn't want to scare what I thought was a bedded buck any more so I turned back towards the road. I hung my camera on the nearest tree and left. This morning I went back to deer hunt. When I was done I climbed down to grab my camera and to check out the bed in daylight. I took another picture and looked closely and ended up finding bear fur in it. So, it turns out that this past Monday I walked right up on a bedded bear! What a cool experience. This is an awesome looking bed too..... View attachment 800724 View attachment 800725 View attachment 800726

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Cool! I had a couple dogs that were great at finding and driving out bears from their dens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts