Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sad: Anyone else notice that awful smell at St Jeans? Was there yesterday and it was nasty! I smelled a dead body once before and that is the same. I beleive there somethin over in the weeded area across from the ramp. I sure wasn't goin lookin!

Brian in Harrison Twp

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Sorry.. Mighta been me...I ate one of those Extra large slim jims before we went out and it tore me up...:evil:

·
Registered
337 Posts
I noticed it also sat. and sun.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I noticed it Friday and it seemed to me like it was coming from that dumpster. Wasn't there a thread about dead fish in that dumpster????

·
Registered
605 Posts
Definitly coming from dumpster:sick: . Stoipped by it waiting to put in and just about got sick:( .
Did good handlining on canadian side last night. Water way to clean for daytime fishing on american side downtown.

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
You guys need to stay upwind of that thing....Reminded me off of tippy dam parking lot back when snagging was legal..

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hey Slammer, I spent many a day at Tippy dam during the snagging days!
What a rush those days were. 2nd week in October was magic! Unfortunately I got heavily involved in bow hunting and had to chose one over the other. The end of snagging made the decision far easier. I enjoyed fishing down at Highbanks as well as below the coffer dam(sp). We caught many a HUGE King there on the Manistee. many times the campsite was over run and we would camp on the powerline right before the campsite.
Good times. I dont often talk to many folks who remember those days or that area!
--Dennis--

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
I went to college at CMU so we would run up there after class to do some night fishing/drinking....That place used to be nuts.. wandering through the tank traps fighting a 30# king in one hand and a beer in the other.:lol: Lots of good times for sure.

You remember that guy that would park his little trailer upwind of the dumpster and sell you snagging kack??? St jean reminded me of that the other day.I wonder how many times we woke that dude up at 4am to buy stuff :D

Only thing I miss about sanging was all the free lead we would snorkle for in the spring time..

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
some turd dumped 25 walleyes in the dumpster two weekends ago when the Lawmen were down ther checking....andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts