Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Team Yukon
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a form letter used to distribute to your neighbors on the potential for some type of management or even a Co-op? My property is a couple hours away and when we're there we are always on stand..We have a met a few of the neighbors over the years but not many. I was thinking if I could drop off something in there mail boxes, next time up, I could possibly get something rolling thru phone calls and emails.. Thx

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have some different items. Email me and I'll send you what I have. Keep in mind you cannot stick them in mailboxes the postal person will toss them and you'll get a phone call.

·
Team Yukon
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? the wife and neighbors drop bday invites and thank you notes in the mail boxes all the time around here.email on its way

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Really? the wife and neighbors drop bday invites and thank you notes in the mail boxes all the time around here.email on its way
Yeah we did this for one of our Co-op events and we received a lovely phone call letting us know that they would charge us for each piece if we did it again.

A letter with a followup phone call is OK, but NOTHING beats meeting face to face and then sending out a letter/invitation about a meeting. I know all about being away...I'm an hour and half away from our co-op, I just dedicated a drive around the blocks during the middle of the day instead of hanging at camp.

Next season I am going to make a point to drive around an adjacent block until I hit every neighbor out hunting and then on to the next one. Since I have never killed a deer on opening day, I even thought about taking the day off to visit with all the hunters back in their camp to see if I can meet anyone new.

Good luck in getting the co-op going and if you need anything else, feel free to PM me as well. If you get a hall, set a date and I'm sure we could get you a speaker or two...

·
Team Yukon
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK thx...come to think about it, a couple of the properties don't even have mailboxes, including ours! I may just have to tape a note to their trailer and/or cabin and hope they come up soon..:(

·
Premium Member
30,918 Posts
OK thx...come to think about it, a couple of the properties don't even have mailboxes, including ours! I may just have to tape a note to their trailer and/or cabin and hope they come up soon..:(
Drew,
Get their address from the register of deeds at your local courthouse and mail it to them.

Big T

·
Team Yukon
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thx T...Do you think a judge there could make a ruling about all the lack of weapons in pictures on the 2009 MSportsman deer contest?..........;)

·
Premium Member
30,918 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Thx T...Do you think a judge there could make a ruling about all the lack of weapons in pictures on the 2009 MSportsman deer contest?..........;)

wataya belly aching for........Mr. points leader!!! I think it is going to take more than a few unqualified photos to catch up!:lol:

·
Team Yukon
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
You never know Koz..:D Do you even need to carry a camera in the Michigan deer woods?:D;) On your boat yes:cool:, Trail cams Yes....but in the MI woods?:smile-mad:help:

·
Premium Member
30,918 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
OUCH!!:lol::lol:

That is a more than an OUCH!:lol::lol: I am just lover, not a killer!!

Hey, it would seem I would get some points for the most impressive photo spread in the contest this year!

Oh, and I just remembered that the season is still going, and I told my team in October that I would not be shooting any bucks until X-mas, so I cannot disappoint!

·
Team Yukon
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well, double with the muzzy this morning on bucks (not on purpose though). Does that qualify for smack down?
Awesome!!!!!:D Your welcome - for my encouragement!!!! Delivered all 20 of my letters along with a QDM brochure to all of my neighbors. No calls or emails yet! we'll see...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts