Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the ice melting, where are the best places to fish for walleye from the shore?
Near the i94 river dump into ford lake?
Near the damn on bridge RD?
Has anybody caught any near the sunken bridge?

Would I have any luck on the other side of the dam dumping into Belleville river?

Thanks in advance

· Registered
1,127 Posts
Never shore fished, but i have caught them in numerous spots where you could cast from shore. I would focus north side of lakeshore.

Never fished by I94, but for the dam on the other side, only time i fished there was the spring when the season opened, and i caught some but they were all dinks.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never shore fished, but i have caught them in numerous spots where you could cast from shore. I would focus north side of lakeshore.

Never fished by I94, but for the dam on the other side, only time i fished there was the spring when the season opened, and i caught some but they were all dinks.
I live at lakeshore. Have gone ice fishing 4 times across from lake shore where the emu row team is located. Only caught 1 perch and silver bass.

If your looking for someone to fish with, send me a message. I saw your on the other ford lake forums. Wish ypsifly was still active on this forum.

· Registered
4,500 Posts
id stick with the I-94 option..it may not be an all day bite, but that neckdown area produces(ford is one of the few lakes that have natural eyes and they do run up river to spawn)...below the bridge road dam is still the huron river and they will have a small run of fish up there..further down the river is usually better(try the north hydro park area) above the bridge road dam , north shore produces lots of smallmouth, many undersize..you might also try the fishing dock at loon feather park..work to the west,southwest area there..the old river channel runs close and the bottom is uneven as opposed to most of ford

Reactions: Serg

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
id stick with the I-94 option..it may not be an all day bite, but that neckdown area produces(ford is one of the few lakes that have natural eyes and they do run up river to spawn)...below the bridge road dam is still the huron river and they will have a small run of fish up there..further down the river is usually better(try the north hydro park area) above the bridge road dam , north shore produces lots of smallmouth, many undersize..you might also try the fishing dock at loon feather park..work to the west,southwest area there..the old river channel runs close and the bottom is uneven as opposed to most of ford
That’s really useful, thank you so much!
Been away from fishing for a while due to school, job, kids, running. Grew up on Belleville lake. I loved catching walleye on east belleville lake. Ford lake is all new to me. If you ever need a fishing partner message me. I live on ford at lakeshore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.