Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the sign up sheet for Midland. The admission is now 9.00 per person to get in...........Sure hope those of you attending enjoy that. I wont bother setting up or attending.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I never made it up to the Midland show.But 9 bucks is a bit pricey to get in the door,how much was it before.I think they might lose some customers.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Probably because they are having it at the new basketball facility here in town. The old civic arena is closed down and ready for demo since they built the new ice arena.....

They will lose a lot of people with a $9 admission. If Birch Run or someone local had a show that same weekend, I bet the turnout would be real bad.

I will probably still attend, just to talk to some of the local guys that set up that I only see there that one time a year....

Did the table fee go up signifigantly too?

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rustyaxecamp said:
Probably because they are having it at the new basketball facility here in town. The old civic arena is closed down and ready for demo since they built the new ice arena.....

They will lose a lot of people with a $9 admission. If Birch Run or someone local had a show that same weekend, I bet the turnout would be real bad.

I will probably still attend, just to talk to some of the local guys that set up that I only see there that one time a year....

Did the table fee go up signifigantly too?
why I wont be there. The people will not pay that much just to stroll around. Its really funny to watch the people come in to gun shows, you have the goons who bring 20 guns in a van and walk them around all day [to cheap to buy a table], the people who only have the admission fee and walk around with 2.00 in their pocket, the fools who think youll give them anything on your table for 5 bucks, and finally [the minority] people who actually buy something.
When that price increase is heard about, Ill gaurantee you attendance will drop. I honestly didnt even look at the table fees, That door fee is going to kill that show.
Especially with so many Birch Run shows. Most of the dealers there will be at the Midland show and Id just save my money and wait til Birch Run and save the headaches.
I have cut back doing the shows as there are too many, and it isnt profitable. With one about every month it takes the wind out of the sails. I enjoyed doing the shows, but I did it to make money not read books all day. Its truly a buyers market out there, and some great deals. But, if your buying for resale and hope to make money, you may be stuck with that "bargain" stuff a lot long than you thought.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
It's really too bad. The Midland show used to be a real nice show. It has really went down in the past 5-6 years. The admission goes up and the quality goes down.

I think you are right, too many shows wrecks it.

I mean a guy can only buy so many chinese throwing stars and swords right?:lol:

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rustyaxecamp said:
It's really too bad. The Midland show used to be a real nice show. It has really went down in the past 5-6 years. The admission goes up and the quality goes down.

I think you are right, too many shows wrecks it.

I mean a guy can only buy so many chinese throwing stars and swords right?:lol:
It just amazes me what they will allow. They send you these sign up sheets and yada yada that 90% has to be gun related, Then you see tables of craft crap, beanies, lamps, and other junk.
The problem is, that people are bailing out of the shows in great numbers, and to maintain a full show, free tables are given to "regular" dealers to fill the holes or the "garbage" dealers are let in to fill the promoters coffers.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Huntsman27 said:
I have cut back doing the shows as there are too many, and it isnt profitable. With one about every month it takes the wind out of the sails. I enjoyed doing the shows, but I did it to make money not read books all day.
It is more like one a week. Look at the schedule for the Doug Carl (nearly every weekend) shows and then throw in all the other promoters. It ends up that some weekends we could hit 2 or 3 shows if we had the time, gas money, and energy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts