Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard about a DNR raid today in the lake odessa greater area. Recovered 15 untagged deer. According to my friend of a friend of a friend source, the kid was shooting all these deer and bragging about it on facebook. You can't fix stupid. Guns/mount seized from the house. Look for it in the next installment of DNR reports- I'm curious to see the details there.

Moral of the story- if you are gonna be stupid enough to do something illegal, don't brag about it online.:lol:

Seriously though, what the hell are ya gonna do with 15 deer?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I guess some people just enjoy the killin...but definitely not to bright if your going to brag about it. I may have to talk to the CO about this one the next time I chat with him. But you know I just went through the last two months of reports for Unit 7 (my area) and it amazes me on how many repeat offenders there are. Like you said you can't fix stupid!! I didn't know the law was that hard to follow.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
He should be fined, (parents too) for every pound of deer he has poached. Parents should be held accountable for allowing such a poor act to occur, and to think we allow parents to reproduce without any form of ability.

·
Banned
5,167 Posts
"we allow parents to reproduce without any form of ability" {quote}

WOW, how do you really feel:lol: Maybe we could put a tax on that;)

Take the kids guns away and send him to a bootcamp and make him work it off. Afterall how do we really know it's the parents fault

·
Registered
585 Posts
Maybe we could put a tax on that

PRECISELY!!! That way, only people that can AFFORD to reproduce, will. The more kids you have, the more tax you pay. It's idiots having LITTERS that they can't feed. WE get to feed them and then pay to house them in prison. That's how I really feel...

·
Registered
237 Posts
I say 'kid', he is 19 or 20. Coincidence? name's Gunner.:lol:
If that's really his name then I know exactly who that is and I can't say I'm surprised. Glad they caught the POS, they hunt a piece of land about 1/4 mile from one of ours. This has always been one of our best lands and this year it has been our worst by far, this could explain it. :rant:

·
Banned
5,167 Posts
PRECISELY!!! That way, only people that can AFFORD to reproduce, will. The more kids you have, the more tax you pay. It's idiots having LITTERS that they can't feed. WE get to feed them and then pay to house them in prison. That's how I really feel...
I guess I'm not so quick to judge before I know the whole story. I don't know the kid or his parents. Just saying, because the kid did wrong it does not always make it the parents fault;)

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
I guess I'm not so quick to judge before I know the whole story. I don't know the kid or his parents. Just saying, because the kid did wrong it does not always make it the parents fault;)

I agree. BUT, in this case, how does a kid hide 15 deer and all the gunshots to take those deer, from his parents? They HAD to know something. Fine the hell outta all of them!!!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
your just now learning about this!? ha i knew about it as it was happening. and your facts aren't right.. i know gunnar and his whole family. his parents are POS poachers like him. haven't really talked to him since hs hahaa. there were 19 bucks found that were killed this year. overall 30 charges of poaching. And what do you do with your deer? eat them right? they didn't kill them and let them lay, they ate them. the story he told me was that someone dumped 3 untagged does in front of his house, then called the CO. for you CO's out there, can you get pictures of the bucks seized? there was a couple hawgs i know of. and you can just send that sweet 16 to my house.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts