Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 15 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my opinion, these "Record RCN 50's" are the finest Garcia Ambassadeur (right-hand) baitcast reels ever made. These are the more popular mid-size reels commonly used for almost any type of freshwater fishing, and they were made for many years. But they are no longer available today, and even used ones are very rarely seen for sale, even on Ebay. I've got several of them, (both in left and right-handed models) that I have collected over the years. And because I have more than enough for myself, I have decided to sell two (2) identical right-handed RCN 50 reels here, both still new in the box. Both reels are priced at $150.00 each, cash only. Line capacity on both of these reels is 135 yards of 12# test monofilament. Check out the pictures and send me a private message if you are interested. Mailing anything in a box is pretty expensive anymore, so I prefer that the buyer come pick the reel up in person at an easy-to-find location near my home. I live just east of Flint.

FISHING record reel 1 resized.jpg

FISHING record reel 3 resized.jpg

FISHING record reel 2 resized.jpg
FISHING record reel 4 resized.jpg

FISHING record reel 5 resized.jpg

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I really wouldn't know. As many years as I've fished with these Ambassadeur reels, I've never taken one apart, nor have I ever had a reason to. As long as you keep your reels out of the sand and dirt, and don't abuse them, they should last for many years. These "Record RCN" series reels are at the top of the Garcia Ambassadeur line of baitcasting reels. As far as I'm concerned, they can't be beat. Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Hello
Are these all brass gears etc?
Thanks
They are brass gears. Same gears that are in the C4, 6.3:1. The Record looks much like an Ambassadeur, but they are different reels. Some parts are interchangeable between the Record and Ambassadeur, but not all. Where the Record is different, it uses both a free floating spool and a floating spool shaft. Both the spool and shaft have their own bearings. Now the Ambassadeur, uses a stationary spool axle which makes the spool less lively. It's really cool how the reel operates. Additionally, the whiffle style lightweight spool also makes them better at casting light baits than the Ambassadeur.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to thank you tincanary for your input. That's good information to have on those reels. I always enjoy learning something new.

·
Super Moderator
5,012 Posts
Just letting everybody know that one reel has been sold. Only got one left.
I've been looking at potentially getting a bait casting reel.

I typically use left hand retrieve when using a spinning rod, would it stand to reason that the same would hold true for a bait casting reel or am I missing something about using a bait caster?

I typically hold a rod with my right hand to cast and reel with my left.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts

I typically use left hand retrieve when using a spinning rod, would it stand to reason that the same would hold true for a bait casting reel or am I missing something about using a bait caster?

You can get most any modern baitcast reel in left hand retrieve. I know when we talked about it some months back you wanted a vintage baitcaster capable of throwing smaller trout baits, but back when the Abu 1500C and 2500C were on the market, very, very few were made in left hand retrieve. The lefties these days sell for nearly double what a righty does, highly sought after reels.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

At some point tonight, I am going to list another Garcia Ambassadeur Record baitcasting reel, same as the other two except it will have left-hand retrieve. Although I have used both left or right handed reels during my life, in my latter years I've taken to using left hand retrieve reels most of the time.
Just letting everybody know that one reel has been sold. Only got one left.
Now I'm letting everybody know that both of my right hand "Record" baitcasting reels have been SOLD!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

You might want to look at my next listing tonight. It's a high-quality left handed baitcasting reel too.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts

I got this guy collecting dust in the garage.

3FEF0B7A-BCF7-47F3-83D1-ED750A0F75A4.jpeg

60CDF515-D4B7-40F8-A9B3-531967B583DC.jpeg

The reel is 25 years old that I bought a few years ago still in the package for bottom bouncing walleye out of a tiller boat so I wouldn’t have to switch hands reeling in the fish and risk loosing him.

The rod I used to use wading rivers, throwing 1/8 oz spinners for smallmouth.

But now they are the odd couple that I never use anymore.

·
Super Moderator
5,012 Posts
I got this guy collecting dust in the garage.

View attachment 750267

View attachment 750268

The reel is 25 years old that I bought a few years ago still in the package for bottom bouncing walleye out of a tiller boat so I wouldn’t have to switch hands reeling in the fish and risk loosing him.

The rod I used to use wading rivers, throwing 1/8 oz spinners for smallmouth.

But now they are the odd couple that I never use anymore.

Cool.

PM sent.

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,345 Posts
Definitely can see the humor in what you went through PT.

I had a few lefty's I figured would be great because I'm right handed and thought it would be easier to learn (actually started out with RH then tried LH) - I have many more spinning rigs, mostly carbon fiber reels I'm pretty happy with.

No matter what the lefty baitcasters just didn't feel right (even if I didn't have to switch hands).

Of course I believe every single baitcaster I now own is a RH retrieve.

I don't use them much because I've got a disk going South in my neck and working jerkbaits with a rod in my left hand is a recipe for a few days of many four letter words and some pills.
😭

I probably ought to list a few of my rods & reels here, whether separate or as combos since they're not getting used that much & I don't think I ran my pet baitcaster at all this fall for eyes even once.

No worries about any light or ultralights here though - EVERY rod is either a MH or H action and I've been known to pull boards with them occasionally too.
😈

Reactions: PunyTrout
1 - 15 of 14 Posts