Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just so you guys know Ed is not ignoring this forum, he is having puter problems. He can read here but he can't post here.

Steve has been PM'd about the problem.

Your insights are missed here Ed. I hope you get back online soon. It's not a big deal for us UP land owners since we're still covered up with 18" of snow but the southern guys may be seriously thinking about some questions that may need a timely response.

Thanks Ed for sharing your wisdom you are missed.

Luv2hunteup

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I also wanted to say thanks for your input Ed. Not only on here, but for your efforts outside of this website! I talked to a couple commissioners yesterday about DMU 118. I think I might have got Bob Garner a little worked up (or maybe he's just very passionate about the subject) and he asked if I had been talking to you. LOL You do make your rounds. :D

·
Banned
3,359 Posts
Originally posted by DEERSLAYER
I also wanted to say thanks for your input Ed. Not only on here, but for your efforts outside of this website! I talked to a couple commissioners yesterday about DMU 118. I think I might have got Bob Garner a little worked up (or maybe he's just very passionate about the subject) and he asked if I had been talking to you. LOL You do make your rounds. :D
Yep I heard some one really twisted his panties at the last NRC meeting.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Luv2,

That snows fading fairly decent up here in the past several days. We still have over a foot in woods in these parts and the fields are completely covered(couple spots of dirt on the northern raised edges, but over to east, especially Seney to Curtis to Trout Lake to I-75, most of the farm fields are open ground, with not too much in the woods. I was just through the Curtis area yesterday, and it you could probably complete some frost-seeding, and Perry Rousso was just through Trout Lake to I-75 on 123 a few hours ago and told me there is much less snow over that way, and saw quite a few deer out in the open fields east of Trout Lake.

It's not looking too bad, I wouldn't be surprised if a deer or two even show up this weekend:eek: , if the weather continues to be sunny and in the mid 40's. The rivers are up pretty high and we've even seen a couple of robbins. The ducks are even back in the area. I just wish the ground was thawed out enough to start pushing some trees over with my tractor. This weekend will be a great weekend to run through a few tanks of gas in the chainsaw....looking forward to it!

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Originally posted by Swamp Ghost
Yep I heard some one really twisted his panties at the last NRC meeting.
It was Leon Hank. He said the way Bob came at him he thought Bob was going to get physical. What wonderful people we have on the NRC.

Anyone wanting to ask Ed a question, we have a Mid-Michigan QDMA meeting at Jay`s on April 10, at noon, in the Outback Room. Let me know before next Wednesday and I`ll put you on the agenda. :D

·
Registered
35,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Steve your the greatest. :)

·
Registered
35,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Pretty neat map Luv2!

Menominee-Escanaba is much higher than normal for this time of year, but the rest of the U.P. seems fairly average. Other than the Menominee depth right now, which is higher than average, you can just about look at that map at this point, right now, and use it as a deer-density map for the entire U.P.....

Less snow to the south-more deer
Less snow to the south and west-more deer
Less snow in the Chatam/Eben/Traunik/Rock/Trenary-more deer
Less snow to the east-more deer

And the traditional snowbelt areas of the Keewenaw, Bigbay area NW or Marquette, Munising-Stueben-Grand Marais-Seney-Paradise all have much lower deer densities, and have high snowpaks.

Pretty interesting site, thanks for sharing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts