Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Depending on the water flow on weight , salmon i would recommend throwing west coast fly set up vs wasting money on bait, Steelies should be around this weekend from what I seen last weekend. I will be there tomorrow .

·
Registered
151 Posts
Fished the dam yesterday until dark. I didnt catch any steel or salmon but I did hook into something real nice. As the story goes, the big one got away.

There were reports of people catching salmon and steel but I did not witness anyone catch anything but a few smallmouth and bluegill.

However I did see some smaller steelies trying to jump up into the coffer! I love steelhead season!

Good luck and let us know if you caught anything!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Witnessed a group of bandito snaggers snag a steelhead:rant: talked to dnr earlier, ticketed them for snagging:lol:. not as many salmon but seen some steel floating around.

·
Registered
151 Posts
First of the year for me. Caught him tonight in the Foote Dam area..:lol:

This one was not a trophy but decent and had a lot of energy, jumping four times. I let this one go as I do all of fish I catch.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have never been to Foote. I have always fished the west side streams. Can you launch a drift boat at the dam? Can you motor back up to the dam? Are there ramps downstream?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Its probably one of the more beautiful stretches of river in Michigan

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
It's my favorite river to fish. Some beautiful holes and a lot less traffic than the west side. It even holds a few nice fish from time to time :SHOCKED:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts