Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a Northern Tool Ironton folding trailer for transporting their kayak or canoe? looking some reviews before purchasing on. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know, but I like the layout of the Ironton better than the Haul Master. I purchased it anyway and I am in the process of finishing the assembly and applying a few customizations.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Purchased the Harbor Freight trailer, opted for the 12" tires. Impressed with the trailer. All grade 10 bolts. Had it assembled in two days, working part time on it. Relatively easy assembly. Hardest part is jumping through the hoops for the State. Knew I had to get it weighed, has to be inspected by a police officer, the 6 to 8 weeks to get a vin # to get a plate. Of course you can purchase a permit to use it before plate comes. State money grab. Does come with stake pockets to build a stake bed if you want. I am just planning on putting on a 3/4 " floor. Bought it with the intention of hauling kayak.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have one that I made bunks on. The biggest change that I made was to cut the tongue and added about five foot of square tube. Need the extra length for the kayaks to be centered and also helps in backing the unit up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts