Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have kinda a silly question. is a "fly only" stretch of river a "catch and release" only stretch also?? Just wondering, because i know that the pm around green cottage is flys only, but i am not sure if it is catch and release.

what i am really looking for is a stretch that is flys only, but you can keep what you catch. Not that i would keep all of what i catch (maybe one), but i would like at least one to bring home.

by going to a flys only section, i am hoping that i would miss alot of the shoulder to shoulder fishing like at tippy. dont know if this would happen or not, but just a thought.

quix20

·
Registered
290 Posts
quix20

There are only 3 "No Kill" (type 7) streams listed in the 2000 Inland trout guide.
1- the AuSable mainstream from Burton's Landing downstream to Wakeley Bridge in Crawford county.
2- AuSable South Branch from Chase Bridge downstream to Lower High Banks also in Crawford county.
3- Pere Marquette from M-37 downstream to Gleason's Landing in Lake county.
All rivers/streams (or sections of rivers/streams)listed as type 5 or 6 have a daily harvest limit of 2. The minimum size limit for Rainbows and Browns is 12" on type 5 and 15" on type 6. I suggest reading the Inland trout and salmon guide.A county map book can be of help on area you are not familiar with.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i forgot where i put my trout guide for 2000.

when it says m37 to gleasons i assume green cottage is included in this right??

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just FYI not only did they make the PM a no kill zone because of the gravel beds there are still way to many people fishing there I suggest to hike any of the known rivers and find your own spot walk till you see no one else at times this is difficult but really worth your time!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts