Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently we just purchased some land on the upper Manistee between Cameron Bridge Road and Deward. I am really new to fly fishing, but it is a sport that I have alway wanted to get into. Does anybody know of any good spots to hit up there for some good trout fishing? Also, the second weekend in May I am going to be going on a 3 day canoe trip up there to do a little flyfishing and camping. We are going to be going from my property to my buddies property just east of the M-66 bridge. Are there any hot spots in that stretch that will produce some good trout action, and what type of flies would be best used that time of year??

·
Registered
295 Posts
I know the river in your area might seem a little "tight" for fly fishing, but the fishing is good in that area. I have fished the Deward area quite a bit. You might want to try downstream a little bit. You are right in the "thick" of great trout water.. Anywhere along the section you are planning on canoeing should be great for trout fishing. As for flys to bring, check with the guys at the Fly Factory in Grayling for the latest conditions, also Gates AuSauble Lodge gives very accurate info, both have very upto date hatch activity on thier web sites.
Good Luck..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts