Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just wondering if any guys will be attending flushings walleye festavial march 11th-13th first year that im going to enter in the tourney didnt know that caught that big of walleyes up in the flint river. looks like its going to be a great time really exctied.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have fished it in the past. Over the last few years, the festival organizers hae opened up the competition to allow fisherman to catch fish anywhere in Michigan and bring them in for weighing. Not so sure how I feel about this.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Have fished it in the past. Over the last few years, the festival organizers hae opened up the competition to allow fisherman to catch fish anywhere in Michigan and bring them in for weighing. Not so sure how I feel about this.
It sucks. It was meant to bring fisherman into the area to spend more money locally. And really how much of a chance does a guy have fishing our little stretch of river over a guy out fishing in the Bay? It could happen, but the percentage is not on your side.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well does any one have any luck catching eyes in flushing?

·
Registered
406 Posts
To get a good push of fish to flushing we will need the spring thaw to happen mid febuary. Traditionally fishing is not as good the first week of march when there are guys still fishing the river and bay on ice as we have the past few years. Not saying it cant be done. I can tell you that you will not catch fishing on spawning gravel with the water temps low. They will be in deep slow moving water.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
To get a good push of fish to flushing we will need the spring thaw to happen mid febuary. Traditionally fishing is not as good the first week of march when there are guys still fishing the river and bay on ice as we have the past few years. Not saying it cant be done. I can tell you that you will not catch fishing on spawning gravel with the water temps low. They will be in deep slow moving water.
Very well said. Last couple years have been tough before it closed. Can be great for good eater males after it opens back up though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts