Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had to pick one spool of flouro for steel, what size would you buy? I was thinking 2x but I'm not sure if this is light enough in certain situations like low clear water when you want to use flouro anyway.

Also what are the best gloves for winter fishing. 100% wool? Fleece?

Thanks!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I can't help you with the flouro however as for gloves I like the simms fingerless with the poly glove liners underneath, if it's really cooold I'll go to the neoprene style gloves. Keep Warm!:cool:

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Simms breathables with the windproof membrane! They're fingerless but have covers that flip over the finger tips.
Been through rag wool, rag wool with liners, ski gloves and neo. The Simms blow them all away! The neo's I had did not flex enough and wore out muscles in my hands that I didn't know I had!

·
Registered
38 Posts
i would use 6 pound seaguar floro. can go to 8 or 10 if water is dirty. simms windstopper foldover mitts are very good. dont buy them to snug though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Jackster1 said:
The neo's I had did not flex enough and wore out muscles in my hands that I didn't know I had!
There are no muscles in the hand. The muscles in your arm control your hand movements.

The Seaguar is some great line (depending what series you buy). Just be sure to make sure your knots are snug. Flouro tends to slip.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Relentless said:
There are no muscles in the hand. The muscles in your arm control your hand movements.
Now that's an interesting fact for sure! :tdo12:
The gloves were stiff though, and that's the point I was trying to make.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have been using the maxima flouro since it came out and I really like it. I have also had good luck with the Seaguar Carbon Ice for leaders. I have now moved on to Maxima though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts