Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase new hardwood or engineered wood soon and looking for a professional installer around Lake Orion. I have been quoted $3.00 per sq ft. Which seems high to me. I have roughly 400sq ft of flooring to be done. Please reply any inquires. Thanks.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Sorry can't help you out on the install. But I thought I'd chime in on the price. I install hardwood, laminate, and LVT. The labor price is right in line with what I get. $2.75 for stapled down engineered, $3 if stapled and glued. $3 for 3/4 solid stapled. You can find guys cheaper I'm sure, there are guys doing it for far less here in GR. But I wouldn't want them installing anything in my house. IMO it's just like everything else, you get what you pay for. Good luck

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that makes me feel a little better about it. I agree about the cheaper guys, cheaper look. I definitely don't want it to look none professional, new home needs a new spruce so its gotta be done right Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
11,779 Posts
We are going through this right now. I am having 1200 square ft done. Hardwood liquidators quoted us $1.99 sq ft. for installation. Our contractor, who is doing the rest of the remodel said he would do it for that also. We are completely re-doing the kitchen in the new house so we actually worked out a deal where he could take the existing Oak Cabinets in trade for the labor of laying the hardwood flooring.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I am looking to purchase new hardwood or engineered wood soon and looking for a professional installer around Lake Orion. I have been quoted $3.00 per sq ft. Which seems high to me. I have roughly 400sq ft of flooring to be done. Please reply any inquires. Thanks.
Is there a Karen carpet stor near you? They just did mi kitcher floor and did a great job. Free Estimate.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Slowpoke: there is a Karen carpet in Clarkston that isn't too far from me, I will have to take a look and see if I can get them out for an estimate.

Kingfisher: that seems like a pretty good deal for you. $1.99 is a price point that I would be more than acceptable to pay.

·
Registered
11,779 Posts
Slowpoke: there is a Karen carpet in Clarkston that isn't too far from me, I will have to take a look and see if I can get them out for an estimate.

Kingfisher: that seems like a pretty good deal for you. $1.99 is a price point that I would be more than acceptable to pay.
Some hardwood floors are harder than others. Our flooring has lots of detail and it takes an eye to use the right boards side by side to make it stand out. My wife is a bit pickier than I. She wants it specific and our contractor has done a good job so far. We actually have about 1040 square feet of floor, but they tell you to order an additional 10%-15% for bad boards. We were lucky enough to find the contractor we have now he is out of Saginaw. Our realtor also built about 25 houses with her husband who since passed away. Now she remodels many of her own houses with this guy. She probably still owns a dozen or so. All I know is, if he can impress her...... he is good. She even flew him to her million $$ house in Hawaii to do the kitchen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts