Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me out with something? We were fishing yesterday & noticed a couple newer boueys with flags extending from them. As our drift took us closer we noticed there was a rope extending as far as I can see. The area I'm talking about is south of the Fermi, just about due east of of the point. I'm just curious, I've never seen it before. Thanks

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Yea, I was wondering the same thing. Thought maybe it was an upcoming racing event or something.

·
Super Moderator
20,295 Posts
Those are commercial nets. They have been netting most of our side in the Western Basin. Target - Carp, although I was told a few loads of catfish were brought in.

The nets are in a bad spot!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Best be carefull fishing in that area, we heard on the radio a boat asking for assistance as he was caught up in those nets, I believe it was June 23rd.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I didn't see them last weekend, but they were there on Saturday morning.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think a small company that docks in River Raisin, they go for carp then truck them live to NY , only bouy infront of Fermi should be their boundry/security ones

·
Super Moderator
20,295 Posts
One of their net boats is out right now. Maybe they'll pull the damn thing.

They run 2 out of our marina. Yesterday one came from Maumee Bay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts