Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO FISHING DETAILS AT ALL. Just wanting to know a float time from the dam, to Packer? This will be in a Kayak for first timers. Is this a good trip, it has beautiful country!!

Thank-you in advance.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why wouldd they close this thread, when they have a thread at the top for ANY SouthWest river or stream and float times?

Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
7,997 Posts
It's not that far from the dam down to Packer, in the grand scheme of things, so maybe a couple hours--three at the most.

Just a guess based on the distance, but it's not a long trip.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Why? All hes asking for are a few numbers (hours). If everybody could just keep their mouth shut it will be fine.

Just cause for the simple fact that there is enough idiots on this site that the river mentioned is enough for them to blow things out of porportion,I believe this has been asked before.

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
Question asked and answered, I am not going to close it but if this thread goes anywhere else I will.

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you're doing the dam to Packer why not add a couple more hours and do the float right down to the grand? there a nice boat launch just up steam on the grand (it's ok to mention that, right?). That would be a cool trip.
Fox

·
Registered
7,939 Posts
Dam to packer, paddling might not even take 2 hours, if you're fishing obviously more. Nice stretch of river to wade/kayak/canoe, especially upstream of Packer with the high bluffs, almost forget you're in southern michigan. A few years ago I was lucky enough to have a couple women in bikini's paddle by while I was fishing on a hot summer night.

"Any luck?" She asked....

"Not until now....." I responded :lol:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Be prepared to get out a few times as it's low and slow right now. Should be a leisurely float.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.