Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,951 Posts
Now that it's getting darker a bit sooner looking for a way to get a couple more hours of fishing. There was a post once before of someone who had flood light off rod tree's . anyone got some ideas?
Thought of something like these Chad. Not sure if they have an on/off switch though, or if you could rig one up. But no wiring needed. If you were to do a lot of night fishing, you may just want to hard wire in some like the bigger salmon boats do, but this is an easy/cheap alternative....http://www.homedepot.com/p/Westingh...gclid=CMXflLOw1McCFVg8gQodxMkDQw&gclsrc=aw.ds

·
Registered
247 Posts
I recently put some on my berts rod trees i bought them from west marine in bay city for like 30 bucks. I attached them to a 2 ft piece of 3/4 inch wooden dowel with a stainless steel hose clamp then they sit nicely in the top wont fall out and you can rotate them if you want. I wired them into a switch then to my boats main battery and secured the switch with a couple of zip ties right to the trees. they work very nice for setting lines and landing fish then i turn them off when trolling i can try and post some pics tomorrow when I get out of work.

·
Super Moderator
37,758 Posts
I have been slowly installing red led's. A couple more and I'm done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts