Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for recommendations from those with experience regarding a shanty purchase. At this time, and in the forseeable future, my ice fishing is done at walk-in locations. I got a new power auger for christmas and would like a new shanty. previously, I have been using the frabil refuge. It is a bit clumsy and not very versitile.

I am looking for a system to load everything up and trek out on the ice. Not sure if I should get a jet sled to load a Hub style shanty, or if I can load everything onto a flip top unit?

thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Sounds like a flip over is what you need. Put all your gear in there and go. And quick set up.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
I'd recommend a Flip, especially if your walking, they are by far be the most versatile for transport, organization and storage of your gear. I don't know exactly what your fishing for but for site fishing and hole hopping they can't be beat. I'd check Craigslist, I've seen quite a few for sale so far this season, lots of good deals out there if you know what your looking for, I wouldn't go too small though ...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Flip style shanti. Call franks they should be having there big shanti setup at Hoyals again. You can try all the shanti's from every manufacture. Good Luck.:fish:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Flip style if you fish alone most of the time, hub style if you like to take friends with you, the big two person flip overs are nice, but kinda heavy to pull by hand with all your gear it them. Just my opinion. I've got a 1-man flip and a hub on the way so i'll have it covered.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Had both sold the hub, bought a new Otter Mag Lodge best one $ for $ it replace the Clam, and setup and take down is so much nicer. Maybe top end on price but it is built last for years. 2nd on the list would be frabill flip over nice unit also!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts