Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been fishing the flint river in flint lately...doing well every time i go, but yesterday was particularly awesome. I caught 3 crappie from 7 to 10 inches, a small green sunfish, a small rock bass, a 7 inch largemouth, 2 walleye, an 8 incher and a 20 incher, and 1MONSTER smallmouth at 21 inches that was very fat. Had a decent pike bite me off as well...all in 2 hrs of fishing!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wish I had one...broke my phone/camera earlier this year when i fell in the river....kind of scared the same thing will happen again so ive been leaving it at home....went back today for an hr, caught a bunch of small bass from 8 to 12 inches, a lil pumpkinseed, a small 6 in crappie and a beastly 13 or 14 inch crappie...rainbow trout castmaster, snap jigged/erratic retrieve.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Thanks for the report. I have a dry bag in the canoe for the phone, but am nervous about taking it out. I know how you feel.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just started working pt during the good fishing hrs of the evening...if I can get my lazy but out of bed in the morning expect a report tomorrow...has been a lot of thunder and lightening tonight...hope the good ole river is a bit higher tomorrow; water has been very low and quite warm lately...been thinking about fluke or senko fishing for god's sake....
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fished wed morning for ten min with only 1 small smb to show for it....got rained on and left...fished yesterday evening and caught 6 smb...5 were solid 12-15" and 1 was a bit over 18"...caught the big one on a crawdad rattletrap, 3 on a wacky rig blue senko and 2 on a skitter pop. lost a couple that were 10" or so. water level has improved; still excellent visibility.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bad fishing today....2 hrs, one pike bit me off
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
104 Posts
good job love to see the pics.:)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
didnt fish yesterday but walked over a bridge and saw a very large smallmouth cruising...didnt fish today either - water is high and quite muddy...usually I would complain about unfishable conditions but I am happy to see water in the river...not really a report I know, but just fig'd I would give out the conditions in case anyone was planning a trip. I will keep you all updated on the conditions over the next few days - as soon as the water clears up a bit Im fishin :)
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 9 of 9 Posts