Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a large group of 20-25 guys. We are thinking of going to Fletchers Pond, but are having a hard time finding accomodations...Does anyone know anywhere on Fletchers or another northern lower lake(that is a decent fishery) that could accomodate such a group? Any input is appreciated.........

·
Registered
943 Posts
I remember you asked this last year. My buddies and I stayed at Anglers Hideaway last winter, nice place, fairly cheap. I think the hard part would be getting a place for 20 people in so short of time. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
did you try jacks landing? they have lodge rooms and cabins

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have never been to fletchers before. Is one part of the lake better than the other? Like the floodwaters are they better then the pond? Anyone know any good websites for that lake?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have always went out of the public access by Jack's Landing and headed toward the left. Usually had decent luck for pike, nice Crappie towards dark. The floodwaters is such a large body of water it is hard to pick one "hotspot". Out in front of jack's they have rented shanties out there for years and I have seen some nice fish come out of there. I have never fished the other side by Lyons' Landing so I don't know to much about that side. Good Luck

·
Banned
203 Posts
270 Jake said:
The floodwaters and the pond are just two different terms to describe the same body of water. It gets pretty crowded out there by now so I wouldn't recommend it for that large of a group.
I'm not so sure that I would say that the lake is crowded at this point. I was there last week and weekend, and it is far from crowded - since it is nearly 10,000 acres - you can fit a lot of people on a 10,000 acre lake. If you're looking for solitude, you may or may not find it, but I certainly don't think you'll be run off the lake because of no access or excessive crowds either. We had a group of 7 and never felt crowded out - we were to the right of Jack's Landing. As a matter of fact, we never had anyone within 200 yards of us. It can look deceiving around the Jack's Landing area because they have so many shanties out for rent.

JL

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the vote is in, we found a place right next to jack's landing that can accomodate us. Any other tips or tricks for the lake is apperciated. Thanks for what you've posted already.

·
Registered
200 Posts
One of the best tips for fishing the Floodaters is, "Don't go over the limit on rods or tipups". They watch that place like a hawk, and I have been accused of fishing with too many lines so many times I cannot remember. Especially when fishing in a group, they really get on your azz. Make sure you are completely legal on everything, because these CO's are some of the most thorough ones I have encountered. Of course, maybe they have retired and moved on by now, but I actually quit going there for that reason. Plainly rude and obnoxious was what they were.
Good luck , it is a great place to fish tho.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I talked to My dad who lives about 40 miles from Flood waters and he told me they are still driving on the ice with trucks. Another big tip is there are alot of stumps in the lake so don't let the pike run to far or you will be trying to pull a stump out. Alot of nice perch in the lake also. Some times they will hit pike minnows on tip ups. Good luck

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have heard that about getting to your tip ups quickly after the flag flies. I was thinking that I would use my slammer tip up to get that instant hook set, hopefully that will give me a hand up....thanks for the tip

·
Registered
48 Posts
We use to use willows out their also. Sop and get some saplings about 4-5 ft in length. Ice the base of it in a few feet away from your hole and lean the end over the hole so you can drop a line off it. Take your tip up line and set the minnow at the depth you would like to fish and then wrap it around the willow a few times so it will not slip and wait for the willow to start hitting the ice when a fish hits

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.