Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to be heading up to Fletcher's pond around the 12th of May through the 18th or so hopefully if all goes according to plan.
Has anyone been up there recently or can anyone provide a local report? Last year's temperatures were a bit more forgiving and the bass and pike were hitting extremely well when we headed up the same time, but this year has been slow and on the cold side for most of the few weeks at times.. so I'm hoping I'm not gonna skunk out and not get too many fish as a result and drive up 180 miles for nothing. :p

Does anyone have a good guess on what the temperatures are like on the water up there presently or the ares of the Thunder Bay River nearby? If not, where might one find good models or a way to judge the temps?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Water temps are mid 50s. Fish haven't spawned yet. Weeds are scarce but if you find weeds and you will find fish. Fishing had been slow but should heat up soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice day today. No fish yet. A couple of hits at sunrise. Guy at bait shop says it's been a slow spring. Gills are just now starting to bed. It's been either not so nice weather with fish hitting or nice weather and no fish.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
yeah white caps always got the bigger pike stirring...

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah white caps always got the bigger pike stirring...
Now you tell me. LOL.
I've waited months for this fishing trip to get here. Postponed it a week because I had to travel out of the country for work. And wouldn't you know it, I get sick and can't stand to be on the boat more than an hour or two without wanting to chum overboard.
Sure hope I feel better by morning so we can get a last attempt to catch something bigger than this one.
FB_IMG_1560296861926.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
as shallow as fletchers is when you have good wave action the big girls seem to move around more..i reckon calm waters and high sun..keep them on bottom deep in weeds..chatterbaits always worked well..if you can keep the DAMN bucketmouths off!

Reactions: rhoward3962
1 - 13 of 13 Posts