Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats the word up there? they were saying sluggos and topwaters earlier in the year, any change? How about trends, colors? Coming along way and don't want to leave the hot baits behind.

Dads been keeping me up to date on the action on Holloway Res. :
Walleye have been hot with drifting crawlers on rigs. Lots of big fish being caught near the bridges

Dad got a 12lb Northern two weeks ago on a sucker minnow, the great part was is he finaly used those circle hooks I gave him and he says he won't go back to trebles. "they stick em good and they wont shake it"

Catfish have been good as usual with fish up to 10lbs coming in on cutbaits and smaller "pan sized" ones hitting crawlers

OK guys have a good one and let me know whats going on up at Fletchers...two weeks utill vacation WOO HOO!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was up there the weekend of June 23-25 with three other guys. Total bass;4, total pike; 0. I had a few pike follow-ups with white spinnerblades, and my bass came on that also. We just couldn't find them, but we did finds lots and lots of panfish (yum). Chad.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man....
Any size to those pike? or were they the typical Fletcher Hammer Handles I've heard so much about...Want to bag at least a 10lber this vacation, probally have to goto Holloway for it....lol

·
Registered
272 Posts
They did not look legal, although Lowell (owns Charley's Landing), had a 38" and a 25" pike in his livewell from that day's fishing. He also had a 17" smallie and said he threw back a couple 16"+ largemouths. We got our bass in the back corner, kind of by the osprey nest, in the stumps. Chad.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be staying at Jacks the 25th to the 28th, got a cabin and boat. I'm bringing my trolling motor too, just hope those stumps fields don't eat it alive. Neat thing is I got the satilite photos of the lake and you can spot everything in the lake with them, like the old road beds weed lines, and even the osprey nest!! now all I've got to do is get there!

·
Registered
272 Posts
That sattelite photo sounds very helpful, where did you get it? I did not use my big(40) motor very much, just my trolling motor. I saw a 14' (+/-) pontoon with a 15 horse criusuing around and they smacked a stump. Two of the three passengers ended up on the floor. Chad.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
terraserver.com

its a pain to work with but if you spend some time with it it will give you some amazing results, the pictures are 3-5 years old but they show you alot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts