Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen where anyone else has mentioned them yet? I saw where Justin from Sportsmans Direct mentioned them on a previous thread. Looked it up on their site and it looked like exactly what I've been looking for. Unfortunately there was no place near me to see one before making the purchase so took a small leap of faith. Only $20 lol.

I received one and haven't had a chance to get on the ice with it but this is exactly what I've been looking for! I can't believe nobody has come out with this before now. I love spring bobbers and have always struggled with my half ax jobs of rigging them. This rod has an awesome spring bobber integrated into the tip. Not just what other's bill as a "flexible tip". Plus the quality of the rod looks great. It should be a great seller for Sportsmans Direct.

If you haven't seen one yet, check it out if you are a spring bobber fan. I just ordered another one. Justin at SD is a great guy to work with if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
12,849 Posts
The work great for jigging but after the hook is set only the tip bends so its like fighting a fish on a spring bobber. Mine is gone into the closet with the other things that looked good but didn't quite work out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The tip on mine broke first time out on the ice with it. I'm going to try and fix it, but for now it is in the rod case where I keep all my unused rods. :(

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Was gonna order a couple, but for some reason twice when using their website it wouldn't process my CC transaction? Called the store a John, got me set up the with a couple inline reels. Glad I waiting to hear a few reviews on the rods. Hard to beat my St Croix Legends and Premiers with their spring bobber system ...

Sent from my VS910 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts