Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an opportunity to buy a 14ft Jon boat with a 15hp outboard. My question is, with gear and two guys (200lbs) and (175lbs) would the boat be sufficient enough to safely float the Muskegon, PM, and big man? Those are the three rivers I fish for stealhead. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure exactly how wide, I'll have to check. It's my buddy's boat only wants 800 for it with trailor, motor starts first pull pretty much every time. Thing is, I never fish alone. My cousin is always my fishing buddy, what would be the width you would reccomend for the above mentioned set up?

·
Registered
14,378 Posts
There should be a manufacturer's plate on it, which will tell you the number of riders, and amount of weight the boat can carry. When I was younger I used to take my wife, and 2 daughters out, in a 12 foot boat, with an 6 hs motor, on the Ausable. It was crowded, but it worked.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Man my buddy and me strapped a 10 ft flat bottom to my old taurus and rowed up and down stream on the pm and he is almost 8 feet tall and I'm normal sized . (And he would say I'll row there you just row back. Then we would have a stringer full of salmon for the row back) buy the boat or give me your buddys number !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts