Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Bryon(DE82) will be out at the raft around noon...All others welcome.
Will post later...Good or bad!!:yikes:
Sly

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
good luck and bring a camera.:fish2:

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Hope DE has a long rope and a sled to pull the ole guy with...............:16suspect:evil::lol:

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
What's the Raft charge for parking this year ?:16suspect

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
What's the Raft charge for parking this year ?:16suspect
Don't know, nobody was there collecting, guess we lucked out.

On to the report -

It was nice to meet up with Sly and good guy in my book. Fishing was okay, not great but Dad and I ended up icing 17 keeper bluegills an I got a largemouth around a pound. A good number of fish around 9-10inches surprisingly and the water was pretty cloudy. Found them right on the bottom to about knee high off. Glow Shiner again was my best bait today but Glow Purple, Smerch Fry, Glow Bug Eye and Orange Tiger got fish too. All in all a pretty good first trip out for the year, got some fish, met a new fishing buddy and had some fun.

The ice was a solid 4inches and if it helps I was dropping my depth finder down, where it came up muddy no fish, where it came up in a weedy area there were fish, a lot of hole hopping today but well worth it.

I look forward to meeting up again with you Sly and it was nice to meet your wife too - Bryon

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Bryon,

Thanks for the report, looked like a nice day for it. Was there anyone out near the island??

Harry

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Bryon,

Thanks for the report, looked like a nice day for it. Was there anyone out near the island??

Harry
A few shanty's early, only one when we were coming off the ice, I don't know how they were doing though. The day was pretty nice, not too windy, not too cold, of course when your catching fish the weather always seams nicer :lol:
can't beat that can you ??? catch fish,meet some new members,free parking,thanks for the report, DE82
Not a problem at all and thanks for saying thanks

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Bryon,

Harry
:shhh: ..................he ain't got time ta fish no ways.:16suspect:evil: Ya just keep on painting.:evil:

Brave soul...........had to put up with that scurvy dog Sylveeeeeeeester, eh.
How far did ya have to pull the ole guy in the sled.:16suspect Suppose ya had to drill the holes for him too.:lol:

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Am I the only ice fisherman on the planet that doesnt know where this "raft" place is!?
yes!:lol: Its a restaurant about a half mile north of palms rd on anchor bay.

Good job out there today guys! ill be out tomorrow afternoon. ill let ya know how it went when i get home!

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
It's near the Fairhaven DNR. It's a bar/grill on Bouvier Bay. It's a small protected bay in the NE corner of Anchor Bay

Harry

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Less than a 1/4 mile up from the launch.............right hand side going north. You'll see a coin car wash. It's on the road right behind it.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
:shhh: ..................he ain't got time ta fish no ways.:16suspect:evil: Ya just keep on painting.:evil:

Brave soul...........had to put up with that scurvy dog Sylveeeeeeeester, eh.
How far did ya have to pull the ole guy in the sled.:16suspect Suppose ya had to drill the holes for him too.:lol:
:lol: Nope he was out before me, I drilled one hole for him, the new 5inch lazer works great...I love it but then he wanted to give it a try and said he had no problems, he drilled a couple more holes after that but I told him I will drill them no problem if you want one just ask, glad we got a meet out of it ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ill be out there this weekend. Making the ice look like swiss cheese wearing a rabbit fur hat in a frabill commando.

See ya out there guys good luck.

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
:lol: Nope he was out before me, I drilled one hole for him, the new 5inch lazer works great...I love it but then he wanted to give it a try and said he had no problems, he drilled a couple more holes after that but I told him I will drill them no problem if you want one just ask, glad we got a meet out of it ;)
Mentally or physically..................:16suspect:evil:

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Don't know, nobody was there collecting, guess we lucked out.

On to the report -

It was nice to meet up with Sly and good guy in my book. Fishing was okay, not great but Dad and I ended up icing 17 keeper bluegills an I got a largemouth around a pound. A good number of fish around 9-10inches surprisingly and the water was pretty cloudy. Found them right on the bottom to about knee high off. Glow Shiner again was my best bait today but Glow Purple, Smerch Fry, Glow Bug Eye and Orange Tiger got fish too. All in all a pretty good first trip out for the year, got some fish, met a new fishing buddy and had some fun.

The ice was a solid 4inches and if it helps I was dropping my depth finder down, where it came up muddy no fish, where it came up in a weedy area there were fish, a lot of hole hopping today but well worth it.

I look forward to meeting up again with you Sly and it was nice to meet your wife too - Bryon

"Glow Bug Eye" Yes Sir,:lol::lol::lol: thanks for the report Bryon I was going to meet you guys tomorrow but could not make it today

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
"Glow Bug Eye" Yes Sir,:lol::lol::lol: thanks for the report Bryon I was going to meet you guys tomorrow but could not make it today
Believe it or not that wasn't all that hot of a jig today...got a couple of fish but wasn't on fire. Kinda surprised me actually. Hopefully we can make it out soon, maybe sometime next week?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts