Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ran 2 x slip bobbers with Hail Sukkula Jigs and the bigger minnows and that seemed to the most damage on the bigger fish on a recent trip. I started out by fishing the general perimeter 25 feet of the area I was fishing and let the current take the slips down wind and I covered a lot of water that way to try to locate schools of perch. I also could note if the Slip bobber got caught up it would mean there was a hump or a rock or weed and many times when I went back to that area and ran it higher and lower it caught fish.

Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Plant

·
Registered
96 Posts
If I might ask?
do you use the hook that comes on the hali or switch to a different hook?
I have used them on on panfish and seem to miss a noticebl amount of bites?
thanks[QUO
Ran 2 x slip bobbers with Hail Sukkula Jigs and the bigger minnows and that seemed to the most damage on the bigger fish on a recent trip. I started out by fishing the general perimeter 25 feet of the area I was fishing and let the current take the slips down wind and I covered a lot of water that way to try to locate schools of perch. I also could note if the Slip bobber got caught up it would mean there was a hump or a rock or weed and many times when I went back to that area and ran it higher and lower it caught fish.

View attachment 794158
with three lines out, why not ! If they are biting like they should , one should keep a person busy.
TE="kisherfisher, post: 9163869, member: 33187"]
with three lines out, why not ! If they are biting like they should , one should keep a person busy.
[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If I might ask?
do you use the hook that comes on the hali or switch to a different hook?
I have used them on on panfish and seem to miss a noticebl amount of bites?
thanks[QUO

TE="kisherfisher, post: 9163869, member: 33187"]
[/QUOTE]

I remove the chain and make my own 5" dropper out of 10lb flouro and put a gold tru-turn on it. This way I can easily change it to another size hook or swap it out if it gets damaged. I run it 12" or so from the bottom and when it goes down I reel in the slack until I can feel the tap tap tap then give it a easy jerk to set the hook. If you miss them you go right back to the same spot with a smaller shiner.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Grille

·
Registered
96 Posts
thank you Bruce
great tip

I remove the chain and make my own 5" dropper out of 10lb flouro and put a gold tru-turn on it. This way I can easily change it to another size hook or swap it out if it gets damaged. I run it 12" or so from the bottom and when it goes down I reel in the slack until I can feel the tap tap tap then give it a easy jerk to set the hook. If you miss them you go right back to the same spot with a smaller shiner.

View attachment 794907
[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts

View attachment 794907
[/QUOTE]

Hey Bruce...NICE looking Magnum!

Marty

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks I've been running slips for perch for many years sometimes they simply out produce the out rods that I put out. The Hali tip comes thanks to Carpenter Bill he was the one that I saw using it last year and added it to my spread.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Thanks I've been running slips for perch for many years sometimes they simply out produce the out rods that I put out. The Hali tip comes thanks to Carpenter Bill he was the one that I saw using it last year and added it to my spread.
Gotta love the hali jigs, got my perch of the summer one with shrimp. Lol 13 1/2 inches. Looking forward to the hard Water season

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I have been using Hali jigs under a slip bobber and also on tip downs for ice fishing for years. Like mentioned above remove chain and I use floro carbon leader also catch quite a few walleye through the ice also on the same rig.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts