Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
best place to take them in the muskegon area (by the way im new to fishing last time i fished was when i was about 10 years old now im 31)
they are 5 and 3 any pointers thanks

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I would head out to the pier, you never know what you'll catch on a worm or minnow. Another good place to take kids would be the small fishing dock/pier at the Snug Harbor state park, the weeds get bad there in the summer but might be a little better right now. Wolf Lake also has a ton of smallish gills easily caught from shore.

Good luck,

Mitch

·
Registered
363 Posts
Not sure about fishing locations but do yourself and the boys a favor and teach them to wear a life jacket when near the water. ESPECIALLY if you try off the pier. Things can happen quick when on the water. You most certainly want your time together to be special. Rick

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I got a couple of small $ 20.00 rod's for my girls (they were 5 and 8 at that time).
Get a sabiki rig and take them to the pier when there are alewifes around. They will have a blast, you will be tired of unhooking alewifes. They will learn how to jig, reel in fish etc.

It is the easiest way to get them hooked on fishing.

Enjoy

Roman

·
Registered
374 Posts
theres always plenty of river spots also.. i took mine down over the weekend got a mixed bag and the boy got a nice steelhead........never know what your going to get and its cheap fishin.........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts