Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opportunity to fish with Babe Winkleman for 3 days this weekend and we had a ball. He is easy to fish with and knows fish, fishing and boat handling.
We were shallow water weed fishing and Sat. was awful with the flat water, but we made up for it on Sunday and Monday with some nice catches and techniques for that shallow spinner bite. Babe did an awesome job of keeping us on top of the weeds even though we had to dogleg to do it. The Min-Kota Ipilot helped too.
Looking forward to fishing with him again someday in the outer bay.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was, probably not until the next season. We got some great footage and some cool underwater shots.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
how did you like the polarkraft to fish out of?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how did you like the polarkraft to fish out of?
Liked it, it was roomy and with the Smooth Rides suspension seats it was comfortable on the sloppy water we had. It trolled very well and had a large livewell in the back.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Father's day pic with Babe, my son and my father. Great memories for all of us

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
awsome glade ya had a excellent fathers day fishing with Babe..so how do ya do as a crew? and if ya dont mind where? west /east/north/south? just curiuos....please fill us in....thanks in advance SPANKIN...

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Thats cool ! I had the chance to hunt with Fred Bear for the weekend
and had the time of my life..Where and what were you fishing for.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
We had a good time together, Babe learned quick how to set the Mini Planers and read the boards. Hardest thing is to wait as the spinner caught an occasional weed and let the fish get a good bite on the crawler.
We were on the E side of the Hog Back in 10' of water off the slot where weeds occasionally came up to the surface. Fishing crawlers, mostly Chart/orange blades 10-14' behind the Mini Planer. It is a lot of work in those weeds but we caught a lot of fish once the wind came up.
He is an excellent fisherman, understands the detail needed for weed fishing and can drive a boat along a weedline even with the wind in the wrong direction. More like a fishing partner than a Celebrity LOL.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Congrats! that's awesome. I've been watching his shows for years. Looks like a great fathers day. I've always wanted to fish with M. ZONA, from Zonas awesome fishing show. He's from michigan, He's crazy like me, and looks like a blast to fish with. :D

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
So did you get Babe a Chavis regal on the rocks after fishing?That use to be his drink of chioce.The reason I know is I drank with him and Steve Dekett at davies pirates cove in saginaw a long while back.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A little Glenlevit was all.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Umm, which one in the pic is Babe? :lol:
Nice story, one for the memory book for sure

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Umm, which one in the pic is Babe? :lol:
Nice story, one for the memory book for sure
He is the one (and only one) with hair. Yep, we will always remember that pic. Especially Dad. I have fished with a lot of TV guys and he is on the very top of the list.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Must have been a great experience to spend a day on the lake with him.

Found these on facebook. Not sure if the last one is saginaw or not?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Found these on facebook. Not sure if the last one is saginaw or not?

That is Heisterman and North in the background. Saturday--you can see how bored I am and Sunday when we caught fish LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
hay bruce im glad you guys had a good time with babe over the weeknd catching those eyes. that must be babes lucky fishing outfit he wears same blue shirt and brown shorts i have seen him wearing on most of his fishing shows !:dizzy:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Bruce glad to see u had a good father's day Mike was tell me that he was coming in for the weekend, was chance able to make it out with u guys

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 20 of 33 Posts