Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished last night till about 3 am at the dam saw 2 steeiles caught 1 on a stringer 1 tosed back over the dam thats consered transporting fish correct. i was a little mad but this one tops all move the river to get away from the 10 or so fisherman there. As i turn on my light i see walleye stached in the rocks they were hideing them DAM POACHERS we ask them what they are doing they say huh? there were 3 people doing this total in all 13 walleye well told them to put them back these were foreign people 3 men barely spoke a lick of english. so they leave with no fish. Now few hours go by and we go back down i see more stached in the rocks by now there dead. called dnr gave plate number to them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That a boy! Good job. That is what everyone should do when they see that kind of crap. Were the walleye starting to get in the way of steelie fishermen? How many are there? There could not be too many walleye:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Good Job!!!!!

went by the dam sunday and was floored by how many people that were fishing. it was beyond anything at tippy. cars were parked from huron river to the bait shop with no open spaces. even on the grass where there is no parking.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
more walleye than u could believe shined a flashlight down in the water holy cow they were stacked like a core or wood.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey shoot me a pm last day for my lincense may try my luck laiter if ya want to go. big boat will be ready soon..

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I've never fished the Huron, i normally stick to the detroit river. however i have been wanting to fish someplace new. are the metro-parks along the huron any good? and where is the Flat Rock dam located?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I fished there wed from 2 - 6 pm and I couldn't belive all the fisherman out there. It was the first time I ever fish like that and for steelies. We went back at 12:30 to about 2:00. There were still guys out there when we left. I was amazed. I had one on and lost it. I guess I need to get use to fishing with a 9 foot rod

1 - 9 of 9 Posts