Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been fishing on the clinton for winter steelies lately?If so what are the conditions of the river?Is it frozen over solid right now or is it open water in places? Would like to know thanks Aaron

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Stinger:

I have not fished there this winter so I can't comment on the fishing. I just drove over the bridge at Dequindre near 23 Mile (Avon Rd) last night and the river is open but there is a lot of shelf ice. Having not winter fished in these type conditions I can't say whether you could fish it successfully or not but I personally would not try it. You may be able to find a spot where you can wade in without the ice to slip on but I didn't walk around to find out. If you can't get into the river safely you might have trouble fishing from the bank since your line would probably get cut off from the ice.

John

·
Registered
748 Posts
Anyone know if the shelf ice situation has improved since Jnpcook's last post?

Toddfather

·
Registered
748 Posts
Just checking again! You're falling a little behind on your shelf ice report Don! Seems like we ought to be turning the corner on it by now!

Toddfather

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Went out once last week and it still had alot of shelf ice...the time now is for ICE FISHING on the lakes...The Clinton won't be very productive for a month or two yet....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts