Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, It's been over a week...my boat is up for the winter and I thought I could handle it till ice, but.....
my hands are trembling, I got cold sweats, and I think I'll snap if my wife asks me to do one more Christmas decoration!

Is anybody fishing off shore anywhere and catching anything?
This could be a matter of life or death!!!!

PLease help,..... Please!!! WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gaga: :bloos: :help:

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm thinking of going out tonight. Might fish over by Stag Island depending on the wind. I'll post the results if I get out..............Bob B.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I don't know what area you live in, but ....there are plenty of rivers and piers to fish in mich.i would only guess how far you need to drive. myself, i would go to the muskegon river or the grand. possibly the rogue or maybe the P.M. good luck! :fish2:

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
MOMS said:
I don't know what area you live in, but ....there are plenty of rivers and piers to fish in mich.i would only guess how far you need to drive.
Yes, indeed. But, I noticed that "Lund Lubber" forgot to fill in his profile so we do not even know if he or she is from Michigan. There should be a lot of excellent fall fishing right now.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OOPS! Didn't realize I never filled out the profile before.
Just looking for some local ( Metro, Selfridge etc.) action that I can take my son out to catch something. Really not picky. Just wondered if anyone was picking up anything.

My son only has three requirements...

-He wants to catch fish

-He wants to catch a LOT of fish

AND

-He wants to catch them NOW!!! :lol:

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
It looks like today and tomorrow are going to be a wash-out unless you like standing in the cold, miserable, wet, windy, and rainy day. My first thoughts would be to try the rocks at the end of the Harley Ensign launch site. Throw one line out with a crawler, gob of worms, or minnow and let it sit on the bottom or under a bobber. Start casting with body baits like Rapalas or Bombers with the other rod. Might be better casting potential at night but you just might catch something. Popular spot for casting for Walleye after dark but this time of year it is awfully dark whenever it is cloudy, even during the day.

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
hard luck

Harley is at the east end of South River Road. It's a large DNR facility. Good fishing at times.

Harry

·
Registered
97 Posts
All,
Just curious, any spots with open water :fish: by Harley's or Selfridge ? May have a few hours to burn tonight and trying to decide where to go.:lol:
Thanks,
Papa

1 - 10 of 10 Posts