Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
26,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might hit the pond on Tuesday morning. Haven't been out there for about 5 weeks. Anyone got some hot tips? Seems last year end of Sept. we got some walleye west of the old south channel in about 15 FOW. Anyone know if thier there now?

Years past the north channel was decent for wallys too, anyone been there?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Mike: I heard they were getting a few west of the south channel a couple days ago. Last time I was out was last Friday and kept about 20 perch and 1 walleye.
Heard you had a nice time up at the P.M. Heading up Tuesday staying in Baldwin at the Moose Lodge for 2 nights and Ludington till Saturday. Good luck on the pond and hope I have the same on the P.M
Mike

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'm going out tues. also Mike. Hit Harley E. about 10:00. I'm fairly sure I'm going Can. start off the Basset unless I hear something good on this side. I'll be on ch68

·
Super Moderator
37,508 Posts
You guys run too far;). Start looking at the graph when you hit the mudline as you come out of the Mighty Clinton.The water in the lake is in the LOW 50's the warm dirty river water should start to really stack the bait up. Tomorrow? Let me consult my schedule......

·
Super Moderator
10,165 Posts
There is a good chance I'll be out there Tuesday as well. I went out yesterday and after the Saturday blow, the lake was pretty tore up. I ran from metro to the Johnson across towards the Belle over to 9 mile and back to the South Channel without ever wetting a line. The South Channel area was clean but not many Perch around at least where I tried. Ended up back by the 400 club and took a few there. I ended up burning more gallons of gas than fish caught. Managed 25 keepers for a Sunday dinner. My son Paul was smarter than me. He stayed home because he said it would be cold in the morning and the lake would be too muddy. He was pretty much dead on with that prediction.

·
Registered
872 Posts
John why would you ever NOT listen to the little guy. He has more fish sense then most grown ups!;)

We will be out on Tuesday around noon. Channel 68 on the Dar Lur Ious, will give you a shout if we find them.

Gottcha was out Sunday, they had some bad luck. Water should clear up, now that the hurricane force winds have died down. Weather is supposed to be nice through the weekend.

Se ya Friday night at the captains meeting.:p

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
John, I feel your pain, put alot of miles on , but very few fish. I'll be back out on Wed. lake should be cleaned up by then, hope to get into them:D Guy's don't forget about the captain's meeting on friday, forcasting good weather for sat...... Oh yeah Muskies were hitting real good off the B marker, Helin frog- yellow belly Nill's masters 2 and 20 off the boards.......

·
Administrator
26,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OPPS!!! Gonna have to postpone fishing tomorrow. Slipped and fell this morning and landed on my left buttocks. Bruised something, can't sit and it hurts to walk. Probably will try again Friday.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Esox I was down by the Clinton around a week to 10 days ago. the river was full of what looked like shiners just behind the sheriff station.

·
Super Moderator
3,226 Posts
Ed... shiners behind the sheriffs station.... isn't that illegal.. LOL

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Those darn shiners. ya'd think the Sheriff would do something about them but there's thousands of em. lol

·
Super Moderator
37,508 Posts
That was my point Ed, as the main lake cools, the bait concentrates in the warmwater river mouths. (Clinton, Salt, Swan Creek etc.) No need to run across the lake if you are looking for Wally. Still a little early for any number of perch there yet though. I am at work, I might be able to skip out late morning, but it doesnt look good.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Went out sunday afternoon 3-7:30 pm from Crocker rd launch. Tried different spots but found 1 to 1.5 miles out from the launch 11-12 fow was best. Pulled in a real nice pike, 3.5 lbs on 6 lb test using a minnow for bait. Got several good hits on the big minnows but could not hook'em. Water temp was around 51 - 53 on the surface. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts