Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got out there today,it is allot harder to get out there than i thought. I thought I would have been out there at least a couple of times by now. I went to Gino's about a hundred or so yards out there and got a couple of dinks but nothing to speak about. I am going out again Wed morning hope to do a little better. heck even if i only caught 8 or 9 decent size perch I would be happy. Thanks ESOX. I know I just have to keep going out there and eventually know how to work the depths of where the fish are at and how fast or slow to jig.
Sorry if this is a stupid question.
I am using 4 pound on my fishing spool, Almost everytime i put it down the hole it seems like the jig or minnow I have on falls to slow and another foot reels off and gets tangled up at the spool.Even when the jig or the minnow hits bottom the same thing happens. I put a split shot on the line but it still does it. i put less then it say's to put on the reel. I really could use some advice on this. It was a real pain today.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Find some very small swivels .Tie them above your hook set up or tear drop.About a foot above.That might help keep the twists out of the line. Also make sure your knot on your tear drop or hook is not off to one side that will give your line some spin, but a small barrel swivel will help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have you changed the line that came on the reel you are using since you bought it? i always switch out the line, try and use a 2 lb fireline. or a different 2 or 3 lb test.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No i haven't changed the line and the poles were sitting fo a very long time brand new. Thank you for that tip I will change them tonight. I am going wed morning. From what i read the snow is no good when it comes? or doe it matter.
Ron

·
Registered
798 Posts
Find some very small swivels .Tie them above your hook set up or tear drop.About a foot above.That might help keep the twists out of the line. Also make sure your knot on your tear drop or hook is not off to one side that will give your line some spin, but a small barrel swivel will help.

Agreed. I use a small barrel swivel on all my rigs. It really does help with line twist. I also use 2 lb test and do not have that problem anymore....Hope this helps...

·
Registered
990 Posts
Kope23,
I want you to know that initial invite is still open. I was expecting you to call that week after x-mas. No biggie.... I like using High Vis Gold 4lb. (Stren I believe). I can always see that stuff and it has very little memory (line coil) after the first jigs of the lure. I recently bought some red line as well, don't like it nearly as well. Can't see it. In addition I like two tie a two way swivel as well and I use a Seagar flourocarbon 4lb leader (18 inches). This seams to really help me as well. Just some pointers that have been passed on to me. Let me know if you have any questions.

NtF

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate it Nick. I also am still interested in going. But like my first thread said, that was my first time out. Heck we were talking about three weeks ago. I just haven't found the time. My plan is to go out Wednesday morning with my cousin. Maybe to the right this time or around by the cribs. You are more then welcome to meet us out there. It would be fun. To find us all you have to look for, is two guys looking like baby cubs playing with there pecker, that be us. lol If you are interested pm me and I will pm you my phone number. You could call us when you get out there. We won't be ou there until 9 or 9:30

·
Registered
990 Posts
I hear ya. It can be tough getting out. Thanks, I hope you both get into them. I work the rest of the week so I won't be able to make it Wed. I'm gonna fish Friday afternoon and Sunday Morning, wife and two toddlers permitting...! Good luck!

NtF
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 8 of 8 Posts