Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking to go on a guided fishing trip on either the PM or Little Manistee. Here is the kicker. I do not know anything about fly-fishing and I am looking to use spinning gear to try and take a Brown or a Steelhead. Does anyone know of any guides out there that would take a Spincaster like myself.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Try Outcast River Guides They Do The Pine And The Pm Ask For Jeff He Is A Wonderful Guide And He Will Put You On Fish. Me And A Buddy Go With Him Once A Year And We Are Never Dissappointed Hope This Is Some Help To You. Tight Lines!:) Scott

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
For the PM I'd go with Baldwin Bait & Tackle. They are great guys and reliable not to mention that they are also an advertiser here in MS. One problem? They may alread be booked up.

·
Registered
580 Posts
outfitters. Walt Grau is awesome. Go to spryrodoutfitters.com for more info.

He is good. Plus I would second BBT. Steve will steer you in the right direction.

Paul

·
Registered
296 Posts
For the P.M. I would go with BBT or Indigo Guide service [Kevin Morlock]. Have floated with both and had a ball! Both are very professional and informative.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Steve Fraley is the co-owner of baldwin Bait and tackle in Baldwin. You can check his reports and see that he gets the job done and is very passionate about what he does. They also own a motel close to their shop if you need a place to stay as well. Top notch knowledge and service from the staff there as well. Good luck there may not be any openings left though at this point.

Ganzer

·
Registered
962 Posts
Thanks for the props guys, the only openings I have left right now is the 24th, 25th & 29th of April. Opens up again in May, but that may or may not be a little late.

My partner John has the 10th, 17th & 18th open, better dates probably...

Kevin Morlock is back in town now I think and probably has some openings, he just got back from finishing the Iditarod dog sled race, a great acomplishment and probably some great stories to go along with it! :)

http://www.indigoguideservice.com/

Good luck no matter how you go!
Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts