Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to bring up a repeat topic, but recently there was conversation about fishing gloves that some like to use for winter fishing. Thinking of getting gloves for my son as a gift and want to get him something that comes recommended. Don’t need bells and whistles, just warm, dry and flexible. Is anyone willing to offer recommendations? Thanks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
These are my go to for fishing in cold weather. Even ice fishing!! I know they are fingerless, but for me when I keep most of my hand warm and dry, my fingers don’t normally get cold. I love not having to take off my gloves to re-tie, switch lures, ect. They are fairly durable and I usually get a couple of seasons out of them. But for a little over $10 on Amazon I feel like they are totally worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,188 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Found these on eBay last week, waiting for them to arrive, supposed to be 100% wool, like that they have thumb and forefinger open on both sides.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
wool gloves with thinsulate in them are warm...you can get them with fingers or without... the without ones can have a mitten type cover to pull over the fingers...I found some at menards for 8 bucks

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Latex gloves are a cold water/weather fisherman’s best friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I won’t wear gloves over them. Keeping the wind and water off your hands keeps them quite warm by themselves. Now this is when I’m actually fishing, touching baits, setting lines and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the information. I have a pair of the fingerless wool gloves with kitten cover I use for deer hunting. They are warm but I’m not sure about when they get wet? I like the neoprene, but have seen some that are bulky and cheaper ones that really aren’t water prove. I like what you guys have listed, thanks!

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
Fleece fingerless glo-mitts are the bomb when it gets down to 20*, or so. I use them when I am Steelhead fishing in the winter quite a bit. I had a pair of neoprene gloves for a few years, and hated them. Either my hands would sweat, or I'd put the gloves on with damp fingers, and then my hands would freeze. And my hands really don't get cold much. In fact I get a strange satisfaction after catching & releasing a nice Steelhead in winter, and watching the steam roll off my hands as they dry.

Kitten Mittons? lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts