Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a family trip for a week up in Glen Arbor the second week of August. Never fished that far north and was wondering what anyone thinks about the big lake oppurtunities that week. Also any general areas to try out.
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
413 Posts
Fish out of Frankfort if you can, Plenty of good water to fish. Couple miles to the south is the Herring Hole, straight out from the pier heads can be very good at times and north to Point Betsie can be unreal. I believe there is a salmon tourny on the 4th of July as well. Call the Frankfort Tacklebox if you need some really good info. Hope that helps

·
Registered
880 Posts
If you like to fish without any boat traffic then launch right out of Glen Arbor. The launch is small but you will be able to get your boat in and out no problem. 26' charter launches there every day.

Leland is another good choice just a few miles up the road.

Most of the good fishing is out near the Manitou Islands. Right in Sleeping Bear bay near Pyramid Pt. can be good that time of year. Biggest king I ever put on the boat came from there.

I'll have my boat up there from the first part of August on. If I get into fish I'll post a report of try to let you know.

It's a sleeper area up there not the big mess of boats you get from Frankfort all the way south.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts